My new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basspunk2005, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Black

23 vote(s)
  2. White

15 vote(s)
  1. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    Here we are, after waiting a while for it I get my second MD bass:D i havnt been able to play it yet as my bro actually went and picked it up for me and he took the pics then sent them to me, but here we are

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I cant wait to play on it:D:D:D:D:D:D
  2. Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    nice color combo!
    a black guard could be cool too...
  3. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    thats exactly what i was thinking of. Iv searched around and im gonna send an outline of my scratchplate to the company so they can make one. :cool:
  4. Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    cool... and it's always fun to change bit of color easily on your bass it can make the GAS pass for a time.. :D
    i've never have the chance to... :rollno:
  5. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
    oh yeah, black would look NICE on would a black bridge and black control plate thingie, and if you could find them, yellow knobs that match the body color....

congrats on the bass, I also like the tele style headstock...

6. wow i've always hated those in the black that i see them in everywhere but that creamish color looks really nice on that bass

great bass man. post a review soon
  7. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    Iv got a black one as well, but i think this one deffinately looks cooler and more interesting to look at. Im deffinately going to look into the black scratchplate because that then would like class :D every MD bass I have seen that is owned by someone is 90% black and 10% sunburst It appears im one of the very few that have the vintage white!!!which is always good. thanks for the replies so far, ill be picking it up tomorrow evening(uk time) so ill post up how it plays etc :D
  8. bob04

Aug 5, 2005
    Stourbridge, U.K.
    mmm, that looks schweat, +1 for the black pickguard
  9. Yea, if you were to go with a black PG, control plate and possibly bridge tuners, that would be one very unique and GAS indusing Dirnt. I've always liked those basses, just dont like the neck.
  10. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic and card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147

Gorgeous color and nice vintage touches. Let us know how you like the sound! Congrats!!!

11. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    well, i am back home with my new bass:bassist: and its great. There are actually a lot of differences from each bass.

The vintage white has a better Bad Ass2 bridge, there are 4 slots cut into each saddle unlike my other one

The pickguard is 3ply and not 1ply like my black one

The maple is lighter on the vintage white

There is less lacquer(spelling?) on the white one

The white one has a softer fretboard

Conclusion : The vintage white bass is class, so is the black but im currently very happy:D:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I would play through my amp but its late:(
  12. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    man, now i just need to see a 2-tone burst one and then i can decide on what to buy after i get my amp.

if you do not mind my asking, could you post or pm me the price of that marvelous bass?
  13. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    thats cool ill post it up,

They both cost £550 and that was including a free strap for both. They are meant to sell for around £600 so £550 is good i reckon. The vintage white actually is a bit whiter in real life, either way still looks cool.
  14. Cool colour!

Nice bass, and enjoy :)
  15. trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    I LOVE that color, now...just put a black PG on it and you will be the sexiest person...ever.

Oh, and congrats.
  16. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    Here we are my vintage white mike dirnt bass with the black scratchplate, looks class in my opinion

17. Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    Think I actully prefer the white on that one.
  18. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    very cool looking basses, the dirnts are very classy.
  19. Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    woa.. didn't tought i would like the white better.. looks realy cool in black too.. but i think the space between the guard and the pups looks smaller on the white one..

the coolest things would be a guard full of stickers ;)
    and change between the white, the black, and the stickered one each week :D