1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass_Machine, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    So I got a new bass. I know how you guys love suspense, so I'll leave it for a while before telling you. (Gives me a chance to go take some photos.) :hyper:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I hate you.

On with the pictures.

3. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    Ok, I took some quick pictures for you. There nothing pro (I'm no photographer) I'll get some better ones when I have some free time, as I'm going out to lunch today.

I bought a second hand Yamaha TRB 6 II for £400 this weekend (a solid deal, methinks :smug: )
    Specs include (thanks to therealting)
    - 34" scale
    - slap cut on treble horn
    - wide 19mm string spacing (great for me, as I felt the spacing was a little too tight on other 6ers I tried.)
    - solid brass bridge
    - bolt-on neck with dual truss rods
    - matching headstock, offset tuners with straight string pull
    - carved swamp ash body
    - 3-piece maple neck with rosewood board
    - dual J soapbars, 3 band EQ with mid preset selector
    - angled recessed jack socket

Right, as for some pictures (sorry if they're too big):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chillin' with the rest of "the crew":

[​IMG]

My new desktop background:

[​IMG]

4. Beautiful bass! Which one is your main bass now? What made you jump from 4 string basses to a 6 string?

What kind of pickups are those on your other Yamaha?

PS. Nice bedroom slippers.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Very nice. You get an A for the day.

6. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    Yay!:hyper:

Thanks man!
    I don't really have a "main" bass, I play them all about the same. (Don't want any getting jealous :p)
    I made the jump mostly becuase I felt that I wanted to explore the possibilities of having the extra two strings. I toyed with the idea of a 5 strung eadgc or beadg, but I couldn't decide on whether I'd rather the high range or the low range. I'm certain I made the right choice going to a 6er, for some reason this bass just feels "right" for me.
    On my yamaha bb604, they're the stock pickups, with a very poorly constructed playing ramp in between. I'm gonna replace that soon, and maybe build a ramp for my 6er too.

P.S- Thanks, they're lovely and warm, and help protect me from a foot-chewing puppy!:)

7. Hey dude, nice bass. :) As you say though, it's a Mk II TRB so it doesn't have the countour on the treble horn, and it probably has the more recent spec with the 35" scale. For some reason, from your PM I thought you got a Mk I. Good score though!