Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thehurlatron, Mar 2, 2006.

1. I just bought a Lakland 55-94 from theperfectbass. It should be here by next Thursday!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    That's a beaut! Nice grain showing through. I sure hope nothing bad happens to it during transport. Just think of all the things that could go wrong...the truck could turn over and burst into flames, a corrupt employee could make it disappear or it could just suffer a nasty fall or be crushed under heavy stuff. But that's very unlikely. Happy waiting!

3. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
  4. Thanks for that. That's all I needed to hear.:)

5. Dvalue

Dvalue

Nov 19, 2005
    Baton Rouge
    That is a pretty bass. I love that grain, and the board, and with that finish it looks awesome.

Those guys are some great people, I got my birthday bass from them, since I live so near. They are also very helpful and respond very quickly.

6. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    very sweet bass, I love the finish, and the overall color scheme. If it were a 4 I'd be in love.

7. Cool bass. I really like Lakie's with birdseye boards.

8. rontalsaurus

rontalsaurus

Aug 19, 2002
    Very nice. I wouldn't mind owning the Glockenklang cabs or the Moog boxes either. **** it, I'd just buy the whole room if I were you!

That bass might be asking for a transparent pickguard with a nice finish like that.

9. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    I bought a bass through "theperfectbass" about a year ago. No problems whatsoever. I would recommend James highly.

(No, I live a good 4 hours away from there.)

10. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I really like the finish on that puppy! Enjoy it!!!!!

11. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    YOU PAID MONEY FOR THAT BASS!! YUK YUK!! RIP OFF!!!

Only kidding:D :D !! Sharp, very sharp looking. I love that fretboard. What's the body wood, Ash?

Happy bottom endings!

12. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Very cool. Based on my experience - I bet your Warwicks soon become "back-ups". Enjoy!!

(no offense to Warwick owners intended);)

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Cool bass, take the pickguard off, and you have the twin to mine! :)

14. WAIT!!
    There's an all bass store in BR?!
    When did this happen?:ninja:

15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Dude...what are they putting in the water there in Pontchatoula? Too much strawberry juice???

:scowl:

:D

TPB has been there for what....3 or 4 years in one form or another....you NEED to go pay James a visit.

Oh, and they have a forum in the Sponsored Forums... ;)

(BTW, in case you weren't aware, I'm a northshore escapee, grew up in Slide-hell, and went to college just on the other side of I-10 from you at Pine Tree Remedial :D )

16. Gard,
    I had figured you were from around here, what with all the Saints fan stuff and that little inconvenince we like to call Katrina.

Oh, and I plan on taking your advice and checking it out.

17. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Beautiful bass! The wait seems like an eternity but it becomes really unbearable, just think that some of our TB brothers (and sisters of course) have to wait months and even years for custom basses. Now that's what I call patience!

18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Katrina managed to run my father out of Slidell after 37 years, and now it is looking like a contributing factor to my sister leaving - she's 35 and has never lived anywhere else. There are some negative things about the area, but overall, it's really sad to see what has happened to Slidell, it was "home" to me, and now I have no connection there any longer. :(

James & Robert (who's a guitarist, but we won't hold that against him ;) ) are great guys, and you will end up with terminal GAS pains from going there...but you must anyhow...I mean, it's what, just an hour or less from you???

:hyper:

19. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Sweet! I really dig it. mmm SD pickups and it'd be perfect ;)