My new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Niskamies, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    I was looking for a 4-string jazz, but a friend of mine tolde me that I should test his bass. I wasn't really interested in the bass, but after I while a tried the bass. The only thing I could say is WOW! First of all, look at the pictures:

For the people who don't recognize the bass, it is a Neuser Crusade. It is not a really known brand, but that doens't matter. It's a damn good bass!

I have been looking for the "growl", and now I think I've finally found it! I've been playing a Sadowsky 5-string jazz, but it doensn't really give the modern growl I want. This Neuser really delivers it!

It is a very versatile bass. The basic tone is bright, punchy and "hifi", but with the treble rolled off, it has a basic bass sound.

The neck pickup has a really nice "modern P-bass"-sound that I really dig. With both pickups on, it has a really aggressive sound. It really reminds me of Flea. The slap sound is fantastic!

But the bridge pickup is fantastic! It delivers a really punchy growl. Kind of like a Stingray on steroids. I really love it! The tone I have been looking for.

The preamp is nice. It has two EBS preamps, one for each pickup. The controls are vol/blend/bass/treble and mid switch. When the mid switch is on, the function of the treble pot changes. When turned clockwise, it boosts treble and cuts middle. When turned counter-clockwise, it cuts treble and middle. It is quite interesting, but it really works!

And for the price, this is a fantastic bass! I payed about a thousand euros less than what I paid for my Sadowsky:) I probably have to get more Neusers in the future, these are truly great instruments! I truly recommend testing these if you have a chance.
  2. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Very cool bass. Rock on!:)
  3. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    looking good! Where is it made?
  4. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    It is made in the Czech Republic.
  5. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    very cool, I dig Neuser alot.
  6. I've heard of them, but have never seen one in detail.

That is a SHARP looking bass. Enjoy!!
  7. I like Neuser Crusades as well, and yours look smashing, but aren't they made in Slovakia?
  8. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    I think I just fell in love! The color, the body binding, it's definitely sharp looking. The only thing that would make it even more desireable is if it was a set neck... very classy.

So where would I go in relieving this GAS that I now have?

Beautiful bass.

9. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Very Yum! Neuser's rock... I have only tried a heavily used/loved 5'ver at the LowEnd GTG last month...
  10. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Quite a sharp looking instrument. Well Done!
  11. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    Congratuations dude. How much does it weigh?
  12. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    I'm not really sure, either in the Czech Republic or Slovakia.

That has actually a flame maple top, but it looks solid. Those pics were taken by the previous owner, I better take new ones.
  13. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    A lot more than my Sadowsky. Around 11 pounds, I think. Haven't measured yet, but it is quite heavy having gotten used to extremely light instruments.
  14. Just to straighten things out, I went to Neuser's website, only to find that they're indeed Slovakian.
    Please do! I know I won't mind, nudge nudge.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

16. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    Yup, they are made in Slovakia.

Here's a couple more:

17. I have a neuser cloudburst and it is an excellent instrument - my has a Bertolini preamp - sound is awesome
  18. emielow

Jan 18, 2004

howmuch is it?