Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by werbo, Jun 2, 2002.

1. werbo

werbo Guest

Sep 8, 2001
    kingston NY
    hey guys i'm back...i haven't been on in a while so i'm gonna have to catch up...WEll anyways after playing a washburn xb100 since september i decided to get a better bass now that iknow i'm going to play seriously. I was at an AIDS auction that my dad was doing and i found a MTD grendel4. Sooner or later i met Michael Tobias and we talked for abou 30 seconds about it and he showed me a piece of paper with the specs on it.Here they are

Alder body with aflamed maple top
    pickups and electronics cuztom for mtd- bartolini
    master volume control
    stacked treble/bass control
    blend for pickups knob

ALso i got it fora low price of $700 when compared to the so-called $1999.99 retail

Later,
    Werbo

2. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Sounds nice........ what about some pics?????
    remember rule #46 of member section: "if the member buy a new bass, it should post at least 1 pic in the next 12 hours or his/her membership will be canceled":D :D

3. werbo

werbo Guest

Sep 8, 2001
    kingston NY
    how do i post pics i need help!!!
    later

4. Cool man. Pics important lol.

5. werbo

werbo Guest

Sep 8, 2001
    kingston NY
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Jiimy

Jiimy

Mar 3, 2002
    Athens AL, USA
    Looks like a really nice catch, you liking the sound on it?

7. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice bass ........

hey, do you really like that "zebra" strap??? looks like something used by some guy playing in a 80´s hair metal band!!!!!:D ;)

8. Nice bass.

I was looking in to getting a grendal but Found something I like alittle better and alittle less exspensive.

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrats!!!! That's a beauty!!!!!

10. werbo

werbo Guest

Sep 8, 2001
    kingston NY
    The sound on it is pretty nice. I like the stacked treble/bass control even though i'm not 100% sure which the top and bottom one is. And the zebra strap...yea i like it lol...its actually quite comfortable