Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JP Bassman, Jun 30, 2002.

1. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
    Hey everyone, I gots me a new bass - and its acoustic!! Its a Takamine G Series something, and I got a great deal at guitar center on it. It's got an awesome sound, not too loud, but fine, punchy. I love it :D

I recommend it for everyone not able to buy a martin or a tacoma :)

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Congratz on the new bass!

But remember, when you buy a new bass and post here to tell us about it, you have to include pictures!!!! :)

3. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
  4. I was going to make this a post of my own, but with the "requirement" to post a pic of you with your new bass, I figured I would just piggy back your post :D

I just bought an Ibanez SR805 5-string bass. It amazed me when I played it, because originally I wanted to get away from Ibanez but I loved how this baby sounded and the b-string is nice.

5. Congrats to Bassman and Panther! Hope you boys are diggin` yer new toys! :D

The accoustic is sweet `man.I want an ABG but can`t justify use to expense ratio(I`m not very fun,am I?).They say the Takamie is one quality piece,I`ll have to try one next time I go to GC. :)

I wanted to get away from Ibanez too!lol Keep toying with the idea of selling my EDC700 but then I play it and....doh!! Too darn comfy and light!! Oh well....hehe

Post some pics youse guys.