Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kraig99, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Today my new bass arrived!! After excessive payments of sales tax and duty, I hacked through many layers of packaging to reveal my new Spector Rex Brown Signature 5 string. I love this bass. The B string is the best I've ever played, nice and tight. The strap buttons had been moved from their original locations, so the neck dive isn't too bad. The action is exactly the right height, lower than that of my MIM jazz, but not too low, and there is no fretboard buzzing. The bass sounds amazing, the pickups are silent, and the EQ allows easy tone shaping. The bass has also proved great for slapping, way better than my MIM jazz. The fingerboard radius is fairly flat and the back of the neck has a finish on it, but once I get used to these I should have no problem playing this as well as my jazz. Here's a pic.

2. Another pic.

3. One more pic. . .

4. Looks real nice!

5. Very nice. That's Spector's Plum color, right?

I like it. It has a sort of T-bird look to it.

Good luck with it.

Mike J.

6. No, it's actually black stain.

7. Sweet looking bass enjoy it.

8. Beeeeeeeeeutiful!!!! *drools*:p

9. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I have played a few like that, they are great. I dont really like the body shape, but hey thats me

She looks like a beauty, have fun with her!

10. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice bass!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really like the Rex model.

Is that an USA model???????

11. SWEET!

The body is not quite my style but she still looks like a hot handful! Enjoy! :)

12. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Congrats!! enjoy!

13. [Mr. Horse voice]
    No sir, I don't like it
    [/Mr. Horse voice]

It's not my cup of tea. But I hope you enjoy it, the finish looks great, but I'm not diggin that body style. But anyway, thats my opinion, but if you like it, I'm happy for ya! :D