1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new beer toy

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by seansbrew, Mar 17, 2008.

1. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    O.K folks, I decided it was time to make another addition to my brew-house.
    For years I have kegged my own beer and served it with pic-nic taps from the confines of a modified chest freezer.
    I decided it was time to invest in a kegerator. When I started researching the prices of kegerators I was amazed at how expensive they were. I had no idea that my idea of expensive was actually lower end. Kegerators that are in the $400.00 to $800.00 price range are, for the most part, inferior to commercial grade kegerators. Many of my friends recommended I put down some money and buy a commercial grade unit (Beverage air, True, etc.). I could not believe that these units cost as much as $1,500.00. I was having a hard time justifying the purchase of a kegerator for that much money. So I started searching Craigslist for any used kegerators of this caliber, I found nothing. There were tons of lower end units, but not what I wanted. I finally decided that I would suck it up and purchase a brand new Beverage air kegerator. Before I headed out to the restaurant supply store I took one more look at Craigslist and found what I was looking for. The ad was just few hours old. It was for a used Beverage Air kegerator. I was all over it and ended up paying $500.00 bucks and saving $800.00. This unit is two years old and is everything I wanted.
    I brought it home and dismantled it. I cleaned it from top to bottom with sanitizers and soaps. My beer pours at about 37 degrees F.
    I am in beer heaven, CHEERS!!!
    Now I have my homebrew on tap that way it deserves to be dispensed. [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. steve21

steve21 Banned

That's pretty beautiful, right there.

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I need to destarch my pants now.

4. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    It is indeed badass to the nth degree.

Homebrewing is economical, and tastes delicious...except when it doesn't. Then it's like 20000 times worse than Natty Ice.

Eww. Natty Ice.

5. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Fantastic.

6. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    DAMN YOU!!!

it's 11 PM, and I am suddenly in the mood for a Moylan's Double IPA....

Nice score, tho... very nice...

7. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    I'M Not Worthy!!!!!

8. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Where's the nitrogen tank? Pretty lame having only a C02 tank and no nitrogen. :rollno:

Just kidding!!!!!!!

That's a great setup and I'm actually pretty jealous. :smug:

All I've got is a dedicated beer fridge that will hold a couple of C- kegs.

9. I need one of those. I converted a full size fridge for homebrew kegs and I'm sure it's killing my electric bill when on!

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    This makes me cry with joy.

11. that's just beautiful man

just beautiful

All that is missing is a few serving wenches

12. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    yeah, this things is hard to resist. When I arrive home I have to keep moving so that I don't get tempted to drink beer till all my work is done. I still have to order a few parts for it, but this thing works great. Even the tower has a dedicated refrigeration line that runs to the very top. This eliminates foamy pours.

13. I found that I probably drink less when the kegerator is in action. If I just want a taste, I can pull a few ounces and I'm good to go. I don't need to drink a whole bottle. At least that's what I tell my wife. :ninja:

14. Heh, true dat. I tried an all malt kit that was free with my homebrewing kit and it tastes very funkified. If things don't improve in 2 weeks, I'm dumping it like an ugly chick.

15. JmJ

JmJ

Jan 1, 2008
    NYC
    I'm getting GAS

16. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    HELLZ YEAH, BITCHES!!!

And guess what? If you ask the right people, you can get Sam Adams Hefeweisen in a 1/4 keg!!! I LOVE MY LOCAL PARTY STORE!!!

17. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Very nice. Special note though: I notice the sticker that says "There's Nothing Like A Guinness." Please tell me you're not serving Guinness at that temperature.

18. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    What percentage of the total you spend on beer over your lifetime would this be?

19. Cool!

20. :cool:

i was expecting one of these beerhat.

that is way better:)