My new Behringer mixer (yes, Behringer!)

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by tuBass, May 24, 2003.

1. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I just got my first mixe ever. I will be mainly using it as church to mix and blend my sound, the new eletronic drums we are buying, and the sound of the rest of the ensemble. I will be using headphone outs, not the line out.

I know a lot of people here hate behringer stuff, but this one the only one I could find that had the features I was looking for. that is, a 5 channel mixer, but small enough to fit in the accessory pocket of my gig bag. If I found the same mixer for twice as much, but in a major brand like Mackie, I probably would have bought it, but nothing else came close.

What do you think, isn't it kind of cute?
  2. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    I love the little Behringer mixers. Yup, cute!
  3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I just placed an order on a Behringer Ultravoice. I can't believe I'm using it to replace an entire Yamaha Promix digital desk. All I need is a reverb unit and it does everything the desk did for a fraction of the price. Who cares if they're copy cats.
  4. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Some of my friends are using Behringer's inexpensive mixers like that one - they seem to be pretty decent ones for little cash.

Wouldn't use them for professional stuff but for home studios, rehearsals and such they look fine.
  5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
  6. BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego

I picked up a mx602a a few months ago and I love it. While saving up for a good preamp, that little booger (in conjuction with my sansamp bddi) is my pre-amp / effects loop for my rig. I run the clean signal from the sansamp through all my effects and then into a seperate channel to blend in with the affected sansamp signal.

When at home it serves as my headphone amp for my bass, computer and cd player, while also sending a direct signal to my 24/96 soundcard for recording. All of this for only 50 bucks. Don't pay any attention the the nay-sayers in the other Behringer posts.
  7. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I'm not an audiophile or anything, but I have a Behringer mixer for my in-ear monitor system. It's kind of noisy but it was all I could afford. There's a lot of hiss in the signal and I don't like how the alt out works. I plan on replacing it with a Mackie once I have the money. It's 16 channels with 2 aux outs, has 8 balanced inputs, and some other features, anyone want to buy it? I can get the exact model and specs for anyone interested.
  8. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    my mixer is dead quiet unless I boost the gain too loud. I head no noise at comfortable levels, but thebbass does have a "processed" sound that makes me not want to record with it until I figure why that happens. It will work great as a headphone mixer like I bought it for.