Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Behringer mixer (yes, Behringer!)

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by tuBass, May 24, 2003.

1. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I just got my first mixe ever. I will be mainly using it as church to mix and blend my sound, the new eletronic drums we are buying, and the sound of the rest of the ensemble. I will be using headphone outs, not the line out.

I know a lot of people here hate behringer stuff, but this one the only one I could find that had the features I was looking for. that is, a 5 channel mixer, but small enough to fit in the accessory pocket of my gig bag. If I found the same mixer for twice as much, but in a major brand like Mackie, I probably would have bought it, but nothing else came close.

What do you think, isn't it kind of cute?
    [​IMG]

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I love the little Behringer mixers. Yup, cute!

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I just placed an order on a Behringer Ultravoice. I can't believe I'm using it to replace an entire Yamaha Promix digital desk. All I need is a reverb unit and it does everything the desk did for a fraction of the price. Who cares if they're copy cats.

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Some of my friends are using Behringer's inexpensive mixers like that one - they seem to be pretty decent ones for little cash.

Wouldn't use them for professional stuff but for home studios, rehearsals and such they look fine.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Awwwwwww.

6. BigTed

BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    w00t!

I picked up a mx602a a few months ago and I love it. While saving up for a good preamp, that little booger (in conjuction with my sansamp bddi) is my pre-amp / effects loop for my rig. I run the clean signal from the sansamp through all my effects and then into a seperate channel to blend in with the affected sansamp signal.

When at home it serves as my headphone amp for my bass, computer and cd player, while also sending a direct signal to my 24/96 soundcard for recording. All of this for only 50 bucks. Don't pay any attention the the nay-sayers in the other Behringer posts.

7. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I'm not an audiophile or anything, but I have a Behringer mixer for my in-ear monitor system. It's kind of noisy but it was all I could afford. There's a lot of hiss in the signal and I don't like how the alt out works. I plan on replacing it with a Mackie once I have the money. It's 16 channels with 2 aux outs, has 8 balanced inputs, and some other features, anyone want to buy it? I can get the exact model and specs for anyone interested.

8. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    my mixer is dead quiet unless I boost the gain too loud. I head no noise at comfortable levels, but thebbass does have a "processed" sound that makes me not want to record with it until I figure why that happens. It will work great as a headphone mixer like I bought it for.