Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Benavente is finally here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, Oct 16, 2002.

1. It showed up before I had to leave for class this evening so I haven't had the chance to crank it yet, but here are the photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It has an alder body, buckeye burl top, maple/wenge neck, maple fretboard, abalone blocks, Demeter preamp, and a custom wound set of Aero P/J's in wood covers. My 535 is coming tomorrow!

2. Here are the other photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wow, very interesting take on the buckeye top-I love the pickup covers. Congrats.

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Great looking bass! That neck pickup is VERY interesting...I'm anxious to here your thoughts on it, since I've been considering a Benavente with Aeros and Demeter! I love that fingerboard!

5. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    congrats! thats a sweet lookin bass. I'll be interested to hear your comments on the tone of it

6. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Very nice Funky!! I love his basses. I played on the SC that's being reviewed by bass player(at least that's what Brian told me). It smoked!! I like the U-Retro pre allot more but that's totally my opinion. Now about those Lane Poors;)

7. Nice. Exremely nice.

8. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Do you have enough wall space?;)

9. Nice! Anxious to here how it sounds.

Also, how's that Avalon?

Congrats!
    Jeff

10. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    AMAZING!!

Can't wait to hear how the Aero PJ and Demeter with freq. switchs sound??????

11. Yep, I'm using the Avalon U5 as a DI and a general tone-warmer-upper in my rig.

Getting ready to fire up the amp for a bit, but then I have to go to school again!

12. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    Chris work is absolutely tastefull.....!

Congrats Funky :p

JP

13. Beautiful bass funky!:)

14. pathdoc2

pathdoc2

Oct 16, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Very nice indeed.

15. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Nice bass, fc

16. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

B E A U T I F U L!

17. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    super spiffy!!!!!!!

f

18. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    You have soo many nice basses... save some wood for us please :D.. seriously that is a saweet looking bass..... makes me feel all gassy inside

19. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Geez like you need another bass. Sounds like its time for the first annual Funky/Fanatic bass-fest.

20. Just spent some time with the new bass. So far, so good! The tone seems "rounder" than my other buckeye five string (the company name begins with an "F"), and the P pickup at the neck sounds just right--pretty aggressive and very complex and beautiful in the midrange. The preamp is powerful so I can boost the mids just a bit and get an even thicker tone there. The bridge pickup is a little bright for my tastes, but it's not harsh or anything. I've found that I like to roll off the treble quite a bit when I'm using bridge. I am just beginning to get into the combinations available with blending the two pickups. Will keep experimenting and report back.