1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new Benavente

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Biker4Him, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Hmmm... Mine is clear and clean (no buzzes!!) and I can dial in a great thick, dark deep end. It took me a while to find it... but I did... At first I thought it was a little to "trebly" also. I tended to want to blame the preamp/pickup combination. But as I spent more time with it, I found that the slightest knob tweaks resulted in huge differences. Almost any tone you want is in there... it's just a matter of finding it. That's the fun of a new bass. It's like the beginning of a relationship with a new girl. It's all about expanding your knowledge, and testing the boundaries. And everything is new!!

2. I hope you weren't hurt too badly, at least the bike was rebuildable (and sounds like a nice rebuild/refin :)). I'm bikeless now, my last was a 1994 FLHR that was a victim of circumstance in '97. I miss riding, but I'm concentrating on bass now (I almost got back on topic... :p ), so don't have too much time to miss it these days.

The only Benavente I've been lucky enough to play was a single cut with a spalted top, very nice all the way around. I'm one of five people that have told him we want it if he ever lets it go, I think I'm near the top of the list though :D . I've found my bliss elsewhere, but with as nice as those are (and with the name of the city he is building them in...) I may have to look into one myself one of these days.

3. I was o.k. a couple broken ribs, and my helmet cracked into pieces, and the visor was sheared off (funny, I haven't worn a helmet since then, and without it, I would have been dead).

Once the bike got put back together, I jumped right back on.. but the alst few years, I've been so wrapped up in other stuff, I've only put a couple hundred miles on it. I just can't figure out how to strap an "El Whappo" a four space rack, and a bass or two (or three with the Bennie) on the scoot. :crying:

4. I finally got some pics of me with the bass. I emailed them to you. But I thought I'd post one here for everyone to see. (The bass..not me... I'm just a dork.) And give props for such a sweet sounded bass. :hyper:

I'm still super jacked about this beast. Everytime I plug it in, I seem to uncover some new hidden gems inside it. The versatility of this bass is remarkable. :D I hate putting it down. The variety of tones and sounds this bad boy has inside it, are amazing. It even makes me sound good!!! :cool:

5. dabshire

dabshire Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX

Look, the rythm section has no hair....

:)

Does that make the groove "smoother"?

;)

6. Oh Yeah!! :)

7. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Cool pic

Look forward to hearing some of the tunes from the Band with the Benavente!!!!

8. Well, I took off the DR lowriders, and put on a set of La Bella DTB stainless steel flats!! What a combination!! :hyper: I'm really diggin this bass!!