Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Bergantino HT112(and the rig)!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AMJBASS, Apr 10, 2003.

1. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Well my little rig is assembled! I just traded my Aguilar DB680 for an SWR SM900, my Bergie arrived, and my F-Bass just came back from re-finnishing!!

The setup sounds absolutely great. It has a clear and defined bottom, crystal clear highs, and a ton of power! It is light too! I love it. I wanted to pickup a Euphonic Audio iAMP, but this SWR SM-900 came up for trade. I don't regret it a bit. The SWR sounds great paired up with the HT112. More than enough headroom, and wonderful clarity. The 2 bands of parametric EQ make it great for doubling on Upright and Electric since I can change the sound with the flick of a switch.

The F-Bass looks pretty sweet too! It used to be blue! Check it out:

[​IMG]

2. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Congrats man, great looking bass & rig! (but how does it sound??)

3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Sweet setup you have there, Adrian. Congrats!

:eek:

That refinishing job came out really nice, too.

4. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Awesome refinish on that F! The rig's also looking pretty awesome! Nice job. :D

5. It's nice to see my baby found a good home with lots of nice friends. Sure looks great with the F bass and Bergie. Can't wait to introduce the DB 680 to my crew, just waiting for US customs to release it.

6. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I am loving this SWR! I may end up regreting losing the Aguilar one day, but I don't regret getting the SM-900! The SWR sounds perfect for what I am doing. I can't believe the volume I can get out of this rig!! :D

The F-bass looks amazing now. I'll post a less fuzzy picture eventually! It is hard to take pictures of Trans-red. It never turns out the way the instrument really looks.

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Killer setup, my man. I can fully believe it sounds great!

8. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    I fully agree - the SM-900 is truly the gem of the line...

9. Adrian
    The DB 680 arrived just as you described...mint.
    Matched with a Stewart 2.1 it sounds great and my wife is ready to throw me outside since I can't stop playing it.
    Just thought I would let everyone know what a pleasure it was trading with you.

10. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i agree that the 900 is a kickin head but the 400s/500 are beauties too!

11. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    No Doubt! I like all of the SM series heads. Clarity and Power(not quite as warm as the Aguilar though). Man this rig is sweet!! I am playing a gig in about 2 hours, so I'll have to post my thoughts in a few hours!

Thanks for the kind words Bob! It was a pleasure. I feel that we both were very fortunate in this deal!

12. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Hehe:) The bass looks bigger than the amp setup! And the BN5 is a pretty small bass. ;)

You've got to be lovin' that baby Berg cab. I just can't believe how great mine sounds. Adrian, if I may ask, who refinned your F? Was it done by George? It looks great. I'd never change my ceruse BN5 but one day I'd like to get a Studio and it seems that more than quite a few have the natural finish which looks kinda plain to me.

13. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    The Bergantino sounds great. I can't believe that I can get that big of a sound from such a small cabinet. The clarity on the low B is amazing.

The F-Bass was refinnished by Freddy Gabrsek. Freddy has done work for Rush, and completely restored Alex's 355. He and I decided to refin the bass with Dupont 8500 instead of Nitro. The Dupont finish can be applied as thin as Nitro, but resists cracking and scratching. It is expensive though. Looks amazing:D