Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Bone Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rifter17, May 1, 2003.

1. Last Saturday I got my brand new Bone Bass. Granted it is a piccolo, it is still fairly bassy. Its tuned ADGCF. Beautiful work by Jamie White. Its got a custom piezo bridge, which sounds extremely punchy when it is soloed. The best part is that it sounds better than it looks, at least to me.

[​IMG]

I also made a sound clip. It’s about 3:30 long. The reasons for the fret noise is because I have the piezos soloed and the only effects I'm using are chorus and reverb.

http://www.giborama.com/rifter17/Music/piccolo.mp3

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    that is a VERY peerty bass. can I have it?

3. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Very preety bass. Congrats!

4. :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG!!!!

That is monsta!!

Lusty and steamy and sexy, those Bone basses!!!

5. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    I wish i had a Bone`er....

Very sweet bass

6. that bridge is cooooool.

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Very nice!

Not the quickest intonation adjustment ability though I'm guessing?

8. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    ummm, wow...the only bone basses i've seen are the avatar basses at bass alone. this is a whole lot more of a looker than those. sweet bridge design.

9. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    mmmm...spalty! Tastes good.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Congrats-very pretty! What's up with the Bone basses website? It's said that it's no longer available for weeks now, although it does have some interesting games in its place.

11. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Bass Alone used to be the exclusive dealer for them...and now they don't deal them at all. So maybe he has no outlet to sell his work through? I met Jamie...kind of a bummer about the whole thing because I really wanted one of his piccilo basses at some point. He does great work.

12. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    why does he need a dealer? just sell them...

13. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I don't know...but from his last website I don't think he was very web saavy. It basically was random pics and said to go to bass alone for info. Just reporting what I know and feel free to share.

14. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Something about basses with the strings anchored right into the body is just plain sexy.

15. Those are RMC piezo pickups and it runs through a Aguilar OBP3 preamp. I love the sound, I prefer the sound of the piezos rather than the bartolini.

As for Bone Basses, last I've heard, he's finishing up two orders on baritone guitars, and then he's taking a year off. So I'm happy I ordered my bass when I did ;). I would imagine the reason Bone Basses has a dealer is because Jamie White doesn't make basses full time. He works at Taylor Guitar.

16. i didn't see that you wrote this, and i went to the mp3, and exclaimed "whoa! it sounds even better than it looks!":)
    looks (and sounds) great man; congrats on a sweeet new bass.