My new Bongo 5 w/a piezo...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, May 4, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    ...pronounced, pee-ay-zo :) , is on it's way, due to arrive tomorrow or friday.

There has been a little bit of a change-up due to some complications. The radiance red one I initially ordered will not be ready in time for a show I desperately need it for, so I settled for a slightly less exciting rolls burgandy. I was offered a decent discount since I was supposed to have the other bass in my hands yesterday. I am a very happy camper. I've read some things about the burgandy basses that has me excited about meeting my new friend in person. I hear they're actually a deep red sparkly kind of finish, not quite as dark and brown as the pics people have posted of them.

Anyhoo - the next forty eight hours is going to be incredibly long, but I can endure. I will be sure to post pics and reviews as soon as the weekend rolls in and out. 2 gigs to work it in. Can't wait to experience what a pee-ay-zo can do for a MM.
  2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    If I were you, I'd get more than a little money back. The Radiance Red is a $100 upcharge. So, the Rolls Burgundy has a lower list price.

Have you seen Aussie Mark's RB Bongo with a tort guard? I didn't really like the color until I saw that combo. Amazing.

I think Radiance Red is more of a "Joe Nerve" color, but there's always Bongo #3 (your fretless single humbucker :D).
  3. Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    i have a Stingray 5 with Pee-ay-dzo.. And these things have made me buy it.. i love them cause they give the opportunity to the MM to be more versatile...

cause everybody know that MM is not the more "good-for-all kind-of-style" bass, i don't have tried the Bongo Bass.. but you'll be happy with the piezo!...

( sorry if certain word don't fit.. i'm to toooo god in english..)

so there is mine..
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Not to quibble, but my large, impressive unabridged dictionary lists the traditional pronuniation as the equivalent of "pie-eez-oh". I can't type the little "long" vowel symbols, else I would post the actual pronunciation key.
  5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Howz $300 sound? :D That has the magical power to turn just about any color into a "joe nerve" color.

I saw Mark's bongo. I hate to say it but I wasn't particuarly impressed. My bass comes with a tort guard and I'm also getting a black one. I think I'm gonna like the black better. We'll see. I had myself real set on the radiance red, so it was a bit of a leap for me to go to a color like this. Ultimately I think it's going to be better because I kinda though the red one was going to be screaming at the audience a bit much. While I love the way bongos look, I sometimes think they can have a bit of overkill. I play in several different groups and I think this bass is going to wind up eventually serving me better. Radiance red works great for the Nerve, but I'm not too sure how it would work for that $5000 a week gig with Doom Dogs from Hell that I'm sure I'd land a week after I got the bass.

Also - i kinda trust what the universe throws me, and earlier that day I was affirming that the money (that I don't have) will come to me in miraculous ways for the new amp I need since my peavey has been crapping out. The little change up seems to be the first half of my miracle coming to me.

The pee-ay-zo think was argued in a another thread that ended in a stalemate, but my girlfriend just saw a science show on the discovery channel where they explained all about what Pee-ay-zo means... she says that's the way it's pronounced and if she says so, then it's right. End of story. :)
  6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I've seen Rolls Burgandy in real life, and it's *very* nice. Great score, Joe!