My new bongo has arrived!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by QORC, May 31, 2005.

1. QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    boy, and I thought I liked the guitars I had before...I'm not sure the others are going to get to get much work now. I may have to sell one of the others now! hehe.

boy is this a sweet guitar. NICE tone range. smooth action on the neck. Medium weight. And yeah I like the looks of it too. wow. I'm very happy. A very very NICE guitar.

The bongo fans here weren't kidding!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    cngratulations...nice baby :hyper:
  3. I LOVE that colour. Do you know what the finnish is called?
  4. QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    "carbon blue"

yes, she's a looker! and plays sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice.
  5. pil

Feb 17, 2005
    Pimlico, UK
    I used to think that was the ugliest object the world had ever seen....but that colour really changes things...

anyway, congrats :bassist:
  6. Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    They really do grow on you. I was at GC today...They were willing to sell me a Desert Gold HH Bongo for $1K, or even an HH Graphite Bongo with piezos for the same price. The problem was the Graphite one was in terrible shape, and missing a knob. The gold one was in good shape, but the double humbucker combined with the 24 fret neck just didn't seem to give me any dig in room for slap. I will say the string spacing was a bit tight feeling for me, which is weird, given I have a StingRay 5. But the sound was KILLER! If it would have felt better, I would have probably bought it.

Anyway, again, they're not nearly as ugly in person, and they feel good generally. I'm looking forward to the upcoming double pickup StingRays. That will be interesting.
  7. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Wow, I haven't seen that colour Bongo yet.

It's my new favorite! Good score. :)
  8. :bassist: I saw them in the store one day, in that orange colour, turned me off them too, but then i saw ... *drum roll* the STEALH bongo :ninja: :bag: you can't see where them groove's are coming from when your bass is stealth!
  9. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Haha, I bought the EXACT same bass from Guitar Center on Saturday, same color, pickups, everything but I might swap out the pickguard for a black pearloid one instead, who knows. Congrats on what I KNOW is a sweet bass, aren't they amazing? I put DR Hi Beams on mine, still waiting for them to break in to decide whether to stick with them or put Slinkies on it, what are you using?
  10. QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    It's got slinkies on it. I can't say I have any complaints. Yeah, it's a sweet guitar....I'm more than pleased. I think the ice pickguard looks sweet on it, yeah, but I think the black perloid would be wicked. I can see changing mine out at some point
  11. QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
  12. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

Ditto, except it was Monday when I got my carbon blue HS Bongo 5 at GC.

QORC - Congrats! No doubt you'll enjoy it.