My "new" Burns Vista Sonic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SmallFace, Sep 4, 2002.

1. I bought a Burns Vista Sonic bass from '64 (the second and last year of production) just the other day, and I must say that I am _really_ satisfied! This thing rocks and sounds like nothing else I have owned (or seen). Except for the "wild dog" setting, which in my opinion sounds like sh*t and is totaly useless, that is. It is also very heavy and big. On the whole, it is an extremely cool bass with a neck to die for... Look at the picture - not mine, but anyway. Mine is almost identical.

Are there any other happy Burns owners around?
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Very retro lookin'.
  3. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    very nice!! i love it!
  4. I find Burns basses to be quite cool in all their quirkiness, and that sunburst finish is really nice (is yours sunburst too?).
    Did you get that instead of the JV Squier you told us about the other day, or are you getting both BTW?
    Have fun!
  5. Lousybassist: Mine is (as I said) identical to the one in the picture, down to the color. It really looks great! And yes - I spent my money on this one instead of the Squier JV. The reason for doing this is a feeling I have about the possibilities finding another Burns this cheap being very, very small. If I don't get the Squier later I will send the sellers mail-adress to you!
  6. Hi,

I'm the proud owner of a '63/'64 Burns Vista Sonic Bass and I really want to have contact with some owners.

Mail me at: