Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new cab!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Jul 6, 2005.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    here is my new cab being built for me by a very good friend.....

It has a DELTA-12LFA 12'' firing down in the lower horn area for the low end, and an ALPHA-8MRA 8" in the upper horn for the mids and highs. I'm not using a tweeter as I tend to like that old 60's bass sound.

2. ...interesting

3. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    It looks.........

....... special.

4. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Looks neat. I'm interested to see how it sounds.

5. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Will that kind of cab give you any definition in the mids and highs? I mean, the cones are all covered up inside the cab. Usually something like that is just used for subwoofers. Is that what you are using it for?Maybe I'm missing something?

6. I think my cat would really, really like one of those! :D

7. That reminds me of a time years ago when I was rehearsing in a garage with a JBL 4520 scoop horn cabinet. There was a neighborhood cat that liked to sit in the garage whilst we played. One night he decided during a break in the music to go explore my cabinet. As he was curiously seeing how far he could climb up into the horn chamber, I decided to see how he'd react to what the thing was designed for so I quietly turned my bass volume up and slapped a loud low E. I swear the cat flew across the room like he'd been shot out of a canon. :eek: He never went near the thing again.

8. Very cool.With the 8" loaded in the horn in the front the mids should project very well.The only thing I would wonder is the dispertion side to side on stage with the mid horn.Let us know how it sounds.I've got a couple of Delta 12 LFs coming my way.

9. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    All I can think of is the bar smell that thing will pick up :smug:

10. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
  11. Nice. Bet it'll be loud.