1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my new cabniet is in the making

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BenFiglio, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Well i have been playing threw a rumble 15 for the past 3 years so i figured when my mom cat deiced to spray on it i figured it was time for a new one. so i went and talked to my grandfather whose has been building home theather audio systems for 45+ yrs and he said he would build me a new one. so here is what he has planned 1x15 PHL Subwoofer. In a home built redwood and maple box. and on top a home built 400 watt head. Does any one have any idea or comment i might be able to rely to him that might make it sound better if it doesnt sound killer already.

2. moms cat *, who has* sorry had to fix my grammar

3. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    Elmer? Never heard of Elmer... where is that?

4. wxfloyd

wxfloyd Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    if you're wanting to build a cabinet for electric bass, a subwoofer (in the traditional definition of "subwoofer") is a bad idea. subs are designed to reproduce frequencies much lower than what traditional bass guitar cabinets produce. if you are homebuilding, apparently Bill Fitzmaurice cabs have been getting some positive comments here on TB. you can go to his webpage, http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/
    and purchase plans. perhaps an omni 10 or 10.5 would be a good cab to go with.
    but regardless of the design you go with, I'd steer away from any type of "subwoofer" design.

5. +1

Subs are a bad idea for a stand alone cab design.

6. ok i may have heard him wrong over the phone but i will double check and take pictures of the speaker and the cab. Elmer is in south jersey in salem county.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021