Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new carved friend!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Nuno A., Nov 2, 2005.

1. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
    I just got myself a new carved bass that i was watching for a while, i spoted the bass on ebay germany and i was going to drive to check out the bass before i bid, but bad luck knocked on my door and i was in the hospital for a couple of days with an infection in the colon and i just couldnt make it... anyway, with a $2000 bill from the hospital, i still decided to bid on the bass, and after some phone calls with the seller, i win the auction and travelled 10 hours to the middle of nowhere to see it... turned to be a great sounding bass, loud and clear tone... the bass was recently restaured with all cracks beeing repaired, its in great condition, only thing i'll do is to put an adjustable bridge. the guy who restazred the bass said its a german flatback from the late 1890's early 1900's, the bass doesnt look that old to my eyes, but since it was recently varnished, i cant really tell.... anyway, i dont really care much about the age, the bass sounds great, its a big improvement from my 1952 Kay and my other German bass, here are some pics and the link to the auction... comments are welcome

NUNO
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7358015092&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

2. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
  3. basstef

basstef Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Bologna, Italy
    Congratulations, nice looking bass. And good luck with your health ... :)

4. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    What basstef said... Congrats, looks like a nice bass.