1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new CD is coming!

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by alexisbass, Nov 18, 2010.

1. alexisbass

alexisbass

Jun 11, 2003
    Friends, just wanted to share with you that I have a new CD coming, it's called Noneto Ibérico and it's my fourth CD as a leader and the follow up to a much-lauded recording, Puzzles. This music was premiered in October, 2009, and it’s a nine-movement piece performed by nine musicians, blending the traditional song forms of Spanish Flamenco music with the contemporary improvised music idiom, creating a unique and groundbreaking genre that goes a step beyond previous blends of flamenco and jazz. The date release for Noneto Ibérico is set for February 15, 2011. The music was composed after a commission from Chamber Music America.

I've launched a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the post-production of the CD. Please feel free to take a look, enjoy the video and please spread the word! http://kck.st/bVuqII

The CD features a stellar line up including some of the most outstanding jazz musicians on the New York scene: Avishai Cohen on trumpet, Loren Stillman on saxophones, Alan Ferber on trombone, Brad Shepik on guitar, Dan Tepfer on piano and Mark Ferber on drums, with the special collaboration of two of the most exceptional musicians in Spain that are renowned for blending jazz with Flamenco, Perico Sambeat on saxophone and Marc Miralta on percussion. Also featuring these very special guests: Israel Suárez "Piraña" Tomás Moreno "Tomasito", 
and Blas Córdoba “Kejío”
on flamenco handclaps and "Jaleos".

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Check out the film, check out the music. Alex is a great guy and I highly recommend his playing.

3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    And I'm just sayin;, if even 10% of the DB side of the board pledged the bare minimum of $1....

4. This IS good stuff, guys. Alexis can play bass and compose. I recommend it.

5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Bump

6. alexisbass

alexisbass

Jun 11, 2003
    Thanks guys, this is about spreading the word! My project is just the tip of the iceberg of many more cool stuff happening in the underground jazz scene in NY. Worth watching the video and send it to your wealthy art-loving friends!

Thanks for your support!

7. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    just keeping this up front

8. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Thanks for bumping Ed, I missed this the first time.

Alexis, this is terrific music! You can send my CD anytime - I don't need a jewel case or anything... ;)

9. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Bump for Monday.

10. alexisbass

alexisbass

Jun 11, 2003
    Thanks again! Much appreciated. Jake the CDs will go out once they;re printed... currently working on the design and liner notes and all that stuff. I will most definitely send you the CD appropriately packaged. No jewel cases, just some nice recycled post-consumer Eco-friendly save-the-world packaging. ;-)

Thanks TBssers for all your support! Keep spreading the word!

11. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Bump for Tuesday.

12. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Bump for Thanksgiving.

13. bassist14

bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    Germany
    successfull bump, mr fuqua :ninja:

14. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Thread cleaned. Please keep it on topic.

15. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Thanks for the cleanup, D.

16. Herbie 80's

Herbie 80's

Dec 15, 2008
    I pledged you some money. I wish you well and look forward to your CD immensely.

17. alexisbass

alexisbass

Jun 11, 2003
    Thanks a lot for your continuous support TBssers!
    It means a lot to me! Really.

Have a great Sunday.

18. alexisbass

alexisbass

Jun 11, 2003
    Dear TalkBassers!

I have been receiving pretty amazing feedback about my upcoming CD "Noneto Ibérico", and I'm so very thankful to those of you who have pledged on My Kickstarter campaign http://kck.st/bVuqII/ to help finance the post-production of the album. As of now, 50 different backers have pledged a total of $2,713.00! But there's still a long way to go! With 18 days left I need to get to the $8000 mark, and that's not going to be an easy task.

That's why I'd really appreciate if you can take some time to watch the Kickstarter video, and to share it with your friends and family. Any contribution really helps, even if it's a small one…really! These are not just plain donations, I'm offering a number of rewards, from the simple "get the CD" (digital or physical format) to an awesome home-cooked Spanish dinner based on the recipes passed through generations in my family (NOT turkey!)

Enjoy it, and thanks so much for your support!

Alexis

P.S.
    Also, I wanted to remind you that you can stream and listen the entire "Noneto Ibérico", CD for free on my website, just log on to http://alexiscuadrado.com and it's on the home page!

19. alexisbass

alexisbass

Jun 11, 2003
    Bump!

20. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Second donation sent - I am looking forward to the CD release. I hope you reach the goal, Alexis!