My new Cherryburst Jazz has arrived!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CoolHat, May 3, 2004.

1. Yippee!

A week ago I found an interesting MIM Jazz on the net. It looked gorgeous and the price was right so I decided to take my chance and ordered it. Well, the bass arrived today and I can happily say that the risk paid off!:hyper:

It sounds good and is every bit as beautiful as I imagined. The playability seems to be in place too, although the factory strings are too light for my tastes. So I´ll have to reserve my judgement on that after I have changed the strings and tweaked the action accordingly. But I´m pretty sure I have a player in my hands!

Without further ado, here are the pics:

I couldn´t catch the real effect of the cherryburst finish on any of these pics, but you get the idea. I might post some sound clips (along with some samples of my Neuser, so that she won´t get too jealous) later too. But now, if you excuse me, I´m going to play with my new toy! :bassist:
  2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    very nice bass ! congrats !
  3. dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    Looks nice, is that a foto-flame finish?
  4. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Very nice. I really like the Cherry burst.

5. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    That's beautiful, man. Congratulations. :)

I read your post about this a week ago and I really loved that bass. I wish I could get a MIM like that here in the States. :meh:

6. that must be the most beautifull mim jazz I've ever seen
  7. I don´t think so, looks like the real thing. Also, I´m under the impression that foto-flame was strictly a 90´s MIJ thing. I could be wrong of course.
  8. I hear ya. I had been thinking about getting a MIM Jazz for several months, but the colors were so dull: black, white, sunburst... I know they are considered "classic" Fender finishes and many ppl like them, but I wanted something different. Then I found that CB and fell in love...
  9. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I like a burst finish on the jazz bass...and yours looks sweet! congrats! :cool:
  10. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    WOW! That is a nice looking Jazz. Didn't realize they ever did a cherryburst. Great find!
  11. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Dat sure is purty! congrats!
  12. Such a nice looking MIM jazz i am jealous
  13. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Nice Score!!! I'm a sucker for a Cherryburst. :hyper: :bassist: :hyper:
  14. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA