Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Cherryburst Jazz has arrived!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CoolHat, May 3, 2004.

1. Yippee!

A week ago I found an interesting MIM Jazz on the net. It looked gorgeous and the price was right so I decided to take my chance and ordered it. Well, the bass arrived today and I can happily say that the risk paid off!:hyper:

It sounds good and is every bit as beautiful as I imagined. The playability seems to be in place too, although the factory strings are too light for my tastes. So I´ll have to reserve my judgement on that after I have changed the strings and tweaked the action accordingly. But I´m pretty sure I have a player in my hands!

Without further ado, here are the pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I couldn´t catch the real effect of the cherryburst finish on any of these pics, but you get the idea. I might post some sound clips (along with some samples of my Neuser, so that she won´t get too jealous) later too. But now, if you excuse me, I´m going to play with my new toy! :bassist:

2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    very nice bass ! congrats !

3. dmaki

dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    Chattanooga
    Looks nice, is that a foto-flame finish?

4. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Very nice. I really like the Cherry burst.

Dan

5. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    That's beautiful, man. Congratulations. :)

I read your post about this a week ago and I really loved that bass. I wish I could get a MIM like that here in the States. :meh:

:bassist:

6. that must be the most beautifull mim jazz I've ever seen

7. I don´t think so, looks like the real thing. Also, I´m under the impression that foto-flame was strictly a 90´s MIJ thing. I could be wrong of course.

8. I hear ya. I had been thinking about getting a MIM Jazz for several months, but the colors were so dull: black, white, sunburst... I know they are considered "classic" Fender finishes and many ppl like them, but I wanted something different. Then I found that CB and fell in love...

9. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    very sharp :)

10. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I like a burst finish on the jazz bass...and yours looks sweet! congrats! :cool:

11. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    WOW! That is a nice looking Jazz. Didn't realize they ever did a cherryburst. Great find!

12. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Dat sure is purty! congrats!

13. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Looks great!

14. Such a nice looking MIM jazz i am jealous

15. gfab333

gfab333