Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MY NEW CIRRUS BXP4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by keneds, Mar 4, 2006.

1. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    Well, It finally arrived! My new Bubinga top Cirrus BXP4. Although it dos'nt look like the one I thought I was buying off of Sam Ash's web site witch pi$$#$ me off. I was under the impression that the guitar was going to be an unglossed finish when it accually has a high gloss finish. The bubinga top is a full overlay unlike the sam ash picture. The headstock does not have the black graphite plate like the pic shows. It came with no explanation of the controls on the bass ( I'll figure that out on my own)

All in all it's a very pretty guitar. I like the feel of the neck, and the guitar is pretty light. i hav'nt plugged it in yet but I'm sure I'll be satisfied with it.If anyone has pic of their bubinga top bxp's pleas let me see them I'm hoping that it looks:bassist: like mine
    the pic below is the sam ash pic.

Attached Files:

2. Sweet bass man, I'm considering upgrading to a Cirrus BXP someday around the corner. I really dig the Bubinga Warwick uses in it's basses, is yours the least bit comparible??

If I'm thinking correct, the pots are Volume and Blend, and then the 3-Band Treb/Mid/Bass eq.

nice bass!!! [​IMG]

-ryan-

3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB

That would be correct.

4. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Keneds -

I came close to getting my hands on one of those a few weeks back and you're right, it doesn't look like the Sam Ash picture. The bubinga top is VERY glossy but to my eyes, it looks fantastic!

I have one question for you, tho: In every bit of literature I've read about this bass, it says that it has a 35" scale. I could swear that the one I played has a 34" scale. :eyebrow: What is yours??

Nice score on the bass -- I hope you enjoy it!

5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    FWIW the one I had was 35". I sold it to get my USA model but I would like another one.

6. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    Yep, it's a 35 incher..... I'm having the hardest time posting the picture of my actual bass I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I keep getting a upload failed message..............:meh:

7. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Looks nice. :) How does it play and sound?

8. The reason your bass is different from the pic is because it's actually a picture of a USA Cirrus.

False Advertising?

9. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    I agree, I think I should be compensated for their misdirection.
    At least a free set of strings.:D :D :D

10. SUE!......actually no, in all of my struggles with the corporate conglomorations that are large music chains, Sam Ash has been the best to me.....i refuse guitar center now...and do most of my shopping at small local shops

11. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    I finally got to plug it in and play through my micro bass.
    WOW!!!!! what an expandable sound. My SR500 does'nt compare as far as being an active bass. The EQ options are endless, I can't wait to plug her into the trace!!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

12. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    :spit: SAM ASH :spit: blames peavey for the wrong picture on their own web site. They said peavey supplied the picture to them to post. They are also not responcible for any errors on their web site. I tried to have them at least give up a few packs of strings and they basically told me to buzz off, So I'm just enjoying the guitar I inheritated through false advertising. BTW,,,,,I love it!!!!!:bassist: :bassist:

13. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    I Checked today and found that Sam Ash changed the picture of the cirrus bxp4 bubinga top / natural finish to the picture of the guitar that they are really selling you. They originally posted a picture of a USA custom shop bass.
    So...........With that said, this is what my new guitar looks like. :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

Attached Files:

14. I'm getting the 5 string version of that exact bass. I personally can't get enough of the Bubinga top. At first, the Mahogany back that appears to be stained yellow, threw me off, but now I love that too. And I dig everything about the sound. The only con about the particualr bass I'm getting is that is needs a setup to play PERFECT, and it does great with out it.

15. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    Plugged it into my real rig last night. I was blown away by the attack this bass has. It is hands down my new favorite bass.

Now I can understand what all of the buzz is over the Cirrus basses. I'm glad I made the move!:hyper: :bassist: :hyper: