My New Computer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by John Deppel, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Built a new computer this past weekend, and just thought I'd share it with all the fine people at TB...

2.2 GHz AMD Athlon XP 3200+
    1.5 GB DDRAM
    36.7 GB HD
    80 GB HD
    52x32x52x CDRW
    8x DVDRW
    ASUS 128MB Nvidia GeForce FX 5900
  2. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

And more important than all of that........

the Altec 5.1 surround system :D
  3. Cool, nice setup man. I hope to upgrade my computer soon, by the end of the year so I can take it to uni.
  4. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Nice almighty! I'm not too far behind that. The 128 of video is a NICE thing to have! -Luke
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That system looks really nice. I am about to build my own PC from scratch. I like the specs on yours. Let us know how it performs for you.

6. Nice computer...but it's missing one thing....
  7. I guess I should have taken the picture with my iPod and PowerBook on the desk too.
  8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    If you don't mind me asking, around how much does a PC like that cost?
  9. Since you performs like a champ...I never have any slowdown whatsoever while playing Diablo II, C&C Generals, and Emperor: Battle for Dune. Make sure you go with Serial ATA Hard Drives though...they absolutely blow IDE away.
  10. Well, with this one, I purchased everything (Including Wireless Keyboard/Mouse, Flat-Screen CRT Monitor, etc.), and had to have it 2-Day Fedexed (Only way Newegg will ship to Alaska or Hawaii), but it still only ran me $1850.

11. Well, in that case...I condone your purchase. :cool: Unfortunately, some programs just weren't developed for games. :bawl:
  12. Games are why my desktops are always Windows-based. But I strangely prefer Apple laptops over Windows-based.
  13. No doubt! That's precisely why I bought an iBook! :bassist:
  14. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    Very nice specs. AMDs are awesome processors. Nothing better than a custom built PC!
  15. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  16. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Nice job with that :D I love going with 1gig plus of ram; it really performs nicely.

All I have to say though, is who cares about the desktop pic, lets see inside. Do you have any modding/lighting/windows or anything?

anyhow though, enjoy it
  17. Awesome specs! I'm glad it's working out for you! That's a sick amount of ram, btw. :p Go AMD!

I have a question that you might be able to help me with. I'm going to be building a similar machine for college in a few months, and I will need a monitor with the machine. I was thinking about getting a flat-panel, like yours so space will not be an issue on a college desk. I've heard when playing games, flat-panels can have trouble running at certain "non-native" resolutions. Has this been a problem for you? Would you recommend a flat panel for a college student who plays games? Thanks!

Btw, I'm definitely thinking getting this for the case!
  18. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    Go to this years QuakeCon2004 and you will see some amazing cases that have been modded. Its quite the sight to see as is the intense gaming :cool: