Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new corvette 6!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dadodetres, Jan 18, 2005.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    woohoooooo just traded my jazz bass fmt which i was trying to sell for a warwick corvette 6 string bass!!!

the neck is much more thinner that what i was expecting, so it wont be a torture the transition form 4 to 6.

ill post pics as soon as i got a camara

2. I said it was gonna be awful, but do it anyway. Then, when you get the bass & it's not nearly as bad as I said, well, you get the picture! iIm jealous.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    does it neck dive like mine?

i love mine, but the neck dive is kinda bad

:)

4. Here's a pic of my old Corvette for those who are interested in seeing one:

[​IMG]

They're good instruments. And relatively inexpensive.

- Dave

5. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Congrats on your new soon to be bass.
    I think the corvette should get just as much 'hype' as the thumb does. Don't you?

6. Eldermike

Eldermike

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Ok, this is torture, I get it. Just kidding. Let me know how you like it.

7. Eldermike

Eldermike

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    I do. I like the thumb, but I think the corvette has a sound that is equally distinctive.

8. permadave

permadave

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Congrats!! I have a 5 string Corvette myself and love it. Warwicks have a lot of b*lls!! The good thing about them is that they are a heavy, solid, chunk of wood. The bad thing about them is that they are a heavy, solid, chunk of wood ;) . I got used to the weight eventually though.
    Enjoy!

9. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    what do you mean exaclty by neck dive_?

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    for instance, i like my jazz because i can get more of a 45deg angle from my neck, but my jazz doesn't have the tone i'm looking for right now. my corvette, due to a heavy headstock and body design (upper horn is too short), the neck (more of the headstock) dives...it doesn't stay errect like my jazz.

but, if it works for you, that's great :) i have limited rotation in my wrists, so it's uncomfortable to play with less than a 45deg angle.

11. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Agreed -they're the only two I've considered owning (or owned in the case of the Thumb)

The top horn isn't too bad, and nowhere near as short as the Thumb - is the neckdive comparable?

12. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i would think the neck dive on the thumb is worse....

lemme tell you - i would have the perfect bass if there was no neck dive

:(

13. Left Shoe

Left Shoe

May 9, 2004
    congrats , i love my corvette, even if it is a 4

14. Hofbrauhaus

Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    Nice score, I've played a corvette before at GC but I didn't play it plugged in. I played it just to make sure I liked the Ovankol neck since all Warwick's have the same necks now. Needless to say I got a Streamer LX5 from Bass Central, which I'm sure is somewhat similar to a corvette. Mine isn't heavy at all though, especially when compared to my Stingray5. The Stingray5 is like 10.5 pounds and when I pick up the Streamer it feels like it's a good 2 pounds lighter. The maple body is nice and light, and the neck is rather heavy, yet it surprisingly has minimal neckdive. Hope you have fun with it!

15. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I have a fretless warwick corvette 4.. Beautiful growl.. Heavy as #!*% Prolly 170% as heavy as my spector 5 string.. I just got a comfy leather strap and life is good.

16. do the corvetter have the unusual necks, or is that just the thumb?

Just curious/thinking of getting a fretless warwick...

17. Hofbrauhaus

Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    If you get a new one all the necks are the same (neckthroughs may have slightly different dimensions than the bolt-ons, but overall they're all the same if you get a new one with an ovankol neck). Many people here seem to prefer the older pre-97 Warwicks with the wenge necks since they are slimmer, but I have small hands and prefer a chunkier neck. I HATE jazz bass necks, I prefer the neck of p-basses, stingrays, and warwicks

18. Cool. I can play just fine on small necks dispite my large hands, but I like the sound of those big ol' necks.