Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Crate

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CRazY baSsISt, Dec 28, 2000.

1. CRazY baSsISt

CRazY baSsISt

Aug 30, 2000
    Today I went to some shops lookin for a 100watts amp.I was looking mainly for an ampeg ba-115 and some hartkes.No one had any of those brands here.I came out with a Crate bx100 and i love the thing.It was $400.The thing I like better about it then most other amps was it has equalization.So if you're looking for a 100watt amp check the Crate out.

2. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just finished answering your thread on with combo to buy, and now I notice that you already got one. The Crate seems to be a pretty nice amp, does it have the digital effects included? Are they any good??

Well, good luck with your amp.

3. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Hey, congrats on the BX100. I bought one earlier this year, over the comparable Fender or Ampeg combos. I agree with you on the EQ, and add the fact that you can hook up an external cab to it, and it has a 5-year transferable warranty.

4. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    These little guys seem to be the standard-issue church amps these days. I use 'em all the time and they're great for medium-sized, indoor applications. I've never used it with an extension cab (if I need more volume I lug out my Peavey o' Death), but it's one of the few 100W combos I've seen that also has an XLR out (my larger Peavey doesn't :(). The only thing I don't like are the teeny buttons for the dB cut and active/passive switch; it's easy to have one pushed in and not know it (I love finding it after some clown has been using it with the dB cut pushed in and all of the EQ sliders maxed :rolleyes: ). Side handles would be nice too. And a built in bass stand. And a cushier top so when I sit on it my @$$ doesn't hurt. And a cup holder...

5. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Had mine about a year now: still love it! I must say, side handles would make it infinitly easier to carry; the top mounted handle just doesn't cut it when hauling the amp up stairs.

[Edited by White_Knight on 12-29-2000 at 10:45 AM]