my new custom bass build

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Jun 2, 2005.

1. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    While I've always been into old custom cars from the 20's -50's, and how the cars had parts from other cars along with being chopped, sectioned, had parts shaved off, and anything else to make the car a truely one of a kind custom car as they did back the day, and still do today! I decided to build a custom hollow body bass using parts from all of my favorite basses. I have always wanted a bass that no one else could ever have, and that has the looks of the big old hollow bodied guitars from the 30's - 50's. I found a Fender Coronado bass body, and had my Crap-O-Matic (Danelectro), and I'm going to use Gretsch pickups, and bridge, Hofner tail piece, and Fender Jazz bass control knobs. The body and neck will be refinished in a black -> trans red-> to very little trans yellow (almost the natural wood color). I have to narrow the heel of the neck to fit the neck pocket of the body, and route bigger holes for the pickups. SO I have my work cut out for me.........
  2. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    awesome that sounds like a killer project. i have been working on a warmoth explorer bass for months but i am soooo lazy
  3. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    That's gonna be a sweet one. I wish I had the talent/ time to build basses. God Bless! -Brad