Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new custom bass build

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Jun 2, 2005.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    While I've always been into old custom cars from the 20's -50's, and how the cars had parts from other cars along with being chopped, sectioned, had parts shaved off, and anything else to make the car a truely one of a kind custom car as they did back the day, and still do today! I decided to build a custom hollow body bass using parts from all of my favorite basses. I have always wanted a bass that no one else could ever have, and that has the looks of the big old hollow bodied guitars from the 30's - 50's. I found a Fender Coronado bass body, and had my Crap-O-Matic (Danelectro), and I'm going to use Gretsch pickups, and bridge, Hofner tail piece, and Fender Jazz bass control knobs. The body and neck will be refinished in a black -> trans red-> to very little trans yellow (almost the natural wood color). I have to narrow the heel of the neck to fit the neck pocket of the body, and route bigger holes for the pickups. SO I have my work cut out for me.........

2. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    awesome that sounds like a killer project. i have been working on a warmoth explorer bass for months but i am soooo lazy

3. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    That's gonna be a sweet one. I wish I had the talent/ time to build basses. God Bless! -Brad