My new custom-made bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cmanner, Aug 23, 2013.

1. cmanner

cmanner

Oct 1, 2011
    Here are some pictures of my new bass. It was hand-made by a builder in Memphis, TN. It is 100% original & all hand carved. 5 piece maple & bloodwood veneer neck with a 35" scale 24 frets , bloodwood board w/ mother of pearl face & side dots. The neck has a 3A tiger maple faceplate to match the body & has the builder's logo in mother of pearl on the headstock. The body is swamp ash with AAA tiger maple top & a sandwiched bloodwood veneer. Bartolini dual stacked jazz pups & 18v active/passive preamp & copper shielding. Gotoh machines, handmade brass nut & schaller brass bridge.

This is a tone-machine!

Attached Files:

2. cmanner

cmanner

Oct 1, 2011
    Here are a couple more pics.

Attached Files:

3. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Pretty, I dig it. How's it sound?

4. cmanner

cmanner

Oct 1, 2011
    It sounds greats. It has an 18v Bass Mods preamp that is extremely versatile. It can also be played passive - nice J-bass growl.

5. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I suspect I'd rather have the active tone ;)

6. cmanner

cmanner

Oct 1, 2011
    Here is a picture of the control cavity - very clean and fully shielded!

Attached Files:

7. cmanner

cmanner

Oct 1, 2011
    The Bass Mods pre-amp is very impressive - an excellent compliment to the Bartolini pickups.

Send me a pm if you would like more info on the bass or the builder.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021