Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new D'Addario strings!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Oct 31, 2004.

1. O yes! I got these off Steve(TaySte) when we were in Manchester. They're .045-.100 gauges. The G string(no jokes please) snapped on my Thumb last night, so I had to re-string. I thought it'd need truss rod adjustments, but it doesn't at all! And boy do these strings make a difference. Perfect for slap and pop, and nice for tapping on. They aren't twangy either, they just have a nice ring to them. :bassist: :)

2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    What kind? XL's, Pro Steels...?

3. XL, nickel round wounds.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    yea they are alright for a while. Didnt really last long for me.

5. Well tese have a nice bell like clarity and are nice and easy to slap and pop on.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    thats wonderful i didnt comment on the sound, i commented on the duration that they sounded nice for.

G'damn..

7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah, mine have been on for about 8 months, good run. Time to get some DR High Beams, and some lighter guages, i'm usting .50-.135 right now, blah.

8. Yeah, they go deader than 4 year old flats in less than 3 weeks.

On the contrary, I have have the same set of high beams on my geddy for 6 months, and after everyday play, they still sound relatively sharp.