1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new D'Addario strings!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Oct 31, 2004.

1. O yes! I got these off Steve(TaySte) when we were in Manchester. They're .045-.100 gauges. The G string(no jokes please) snapped on my Thumb last night, so I had to re-string. I thought it'd need truss rod adjustments, but it doesn't at all! And boy do these strings make a difference. Perfect for slap and pop, and nice for tapping on. They aren't twangy either, they just have a nice ring to them. :bassist: :)

2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    What kind? XL's, Pro Steels...?

3. XL, nickel round wounds.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    yea they are alright for a while. Didnt really last long for me.

5. Well tese have a nice bell like clarity and are nice and easy to slap and pop on.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    thats wonderful i didnt comment on the sound, i commented on the duration that they sounded nice for.

G'damn..

7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah, mine have been on for about 8 months, good run. Time to get some DR High Beams, and some lighter guages, i'm usting .50-.135 right now, blah.

8. Yeah, they go deader than 4 year old flats in less than 3 weeks.

On the contrary, I have have the same set of high beams on my geddy for 6 months, and after everyday play, they still sound relatively sharp.