My new DP Custom

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by J Gold, Oct 10, 2011.

1. J Gold

J Gold Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Houston,TX
    I've been waiting for this baby since February, but it was worth it!

The workmanship is perfect...every detail (frets, finish, hardware, etc.) is flawless. To the chagrin of my bandmates, but to my pleasure, the bass is loud and growly. I'm still getting used to the controls, but thus far I see a lot of tonal flexibility in the 18v, 3 band eq.

For the price (less than 2g), you cannot get anything better, and Dave was really cool about discussing all of my options with me and keeping me posted on his progress.

Ill post more pics and links to video after I gig with it next weekend. But again, if you're thinking about custom, go with Dave.

Specs:
    4 string, neck through, maple & walnut 24 fret neck, pau ferro board, walnut body, with cocobolo top and back, black hipshot hardware, d-tuner, emg jazz pickups & 3band active eq, scroll body with point on the bottom of the neck.

Now I need a name for her...

View attachment 231253

2. Sgt Baker

Sgt Baker

Aug 20, 2010
    Hot DAYUM that thing is breathtaking

3. Soverntear

Soverntear

Mar 17, 2008
    Toronto
    some nice wood on the wings

4. I had a bass built by Dave back in 2005 (my avitar). To this day it is my favorite bass I judge all others by. I still have a hard time putting it down. Dave gives you alot for your hard earned dollar, and he is great to work with. I am really glad I took the plunge. Congratulations on your beautiful new bass!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021