Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New EBS tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lenko, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Hoorraaaaaaaaay! I corrected my math and I'm buying my new EBS 4x10". And I might be switching my GBE 600 for HD350. Lucky me!:cool:

2. Brace yourself, because if that EBS cab turns out to be as well designed and executed as the Fafner head I just received you're in for one helluva sweet ride!

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That's the cab I play my Fafner through, and love it! The cones are very tight, giving your bass a very focused response!

I promise you'll love every bit of it!

4. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

I've owned a 2-10 Gorm, a 1-12 Drome, a Fafner (through 2 Acme B-2's, 2 Ohm load), and every pedal except the new Reverb pedal (some twice, a couple three times) and it has all been cosistently high quality gear.
    The Fafner/Acme combo was particularly awsome.
    Don't own any now, only because I'm on the never-ending quest for THE TONE!!!!!
    Clarus/Ampeg PB212 next stop!
    PEACE!!!!!, Johno!

5. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I have one of those 4x10s AWESOME STUFF! Congrats on an awesome cab

6. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Welcome to the EBS club.:)

7. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I have an EBS 2x12. I dig it. Congrats.

8. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    WHAA-HOOO! Congratulations are in order. I've never tried the EBS cabs but I sure love my Fafner. ;)

Johno, you said that you ran your Fafner into the two B2's. Did the Fafner get hot running the 2 ohm load? I know that EBS builds their amp to run low impedences but 2 ohms for several hours has got to be tough.

9. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

Never once had a problem, and the tone was to die for.
    A fellow low-ender described it as Jaco meets Les!
    PEACE!!!!!, Johno!

10. Not to hijack the thread, but to answer JerryJ's question... that's the exact setup I'm using (Fafner into Acme Low B-II pair = 2-Ohms) and at excessive levels for 8+ hours at a time Fafner continues to run cool. Tone "to die for" is accurate.

11. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    That's right, oddio! How could I forget that? :confused:

That's good to know and it sure gives me another option. Gosh, and I've heard that Acme's were so hungry for watts.