My New EBS tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lenko, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Hoorraaaaaaaaay! I corrected my math and I'm buying my new EBS 4x10". And I might be switching my GBE 600 for HD350. Lucky me!:cool:
  2. Brace yourself, because if that EBS cab turns out to be as well designed and executed as the Fafner head I just received you're in for one helluva sweet ride!
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That's the cab I play my Fafner through, and love it! The cones are very tight, giving your bass a very focused response!

I promise you'll love every bit of it!
  4. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

I've owned a 2-10 Gorm, a 1-12 Drome, a Fafner (through 2 Acme B-2's, 2 Ohm load), and every pedal except the new Reverb pedal (some twice, a couple three times) and it has all been cosistently high quality gear.
    The Fafner/Acme combo was particularly awsome.
    Don't own any now, only because I'm on the never-ending quest for THE TONE!!!!!
    Clarus/Ampeg PB212 next stop!
    PEACE!!!!!, Johno!
  5. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I have one of those 4x10s AWESOME STUFF! Congrats on an awesome cab
  6. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Welcome to the EBS club.:)
  7. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I have an EBS 2x12. I dig it. Congrats.
  8. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    WHAA-HOOO! Congratulations are in order. I've never tried the EBS cabs but I sure love my Fafner. ;)

Johno, you said that you ran your Fafner into the two B2's. Did the Fafner get hot running the 2 ohm load? I know that EBS builds their amp to run low impedences but 2 ohms for several hours has got to be tough.
  9. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

Never once had a problem, and the tone was to die for.
    A fellow low-ender described it as Jaco meets Les!
    PEACE!!!!!, Johno!
  10. Not to hijack the thread, but to answer JerryJ's question... that's the exact setup I'm using (Fafner into Acme Low B-II pair = 2-Ohms) and at excessive levels for 8+ hours at a time Fafner continues to run cool. Tone "to die for" is accurate.
  11. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    That's right, oddio! How could I forget that? :confused:

That's good to know and it sure gives me another option. Gosh, and I've heard that Acme's were so hungry for watts.