Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Eden!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott D, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey guys, I thought I'd just let you know that I picked up a beautiful Eden D-410T. Holy crap. I never knew bass could sound so good! I'll take some pics in a little bit. There is a slight amount of buzz on the upper left cone, only when played hard. I totally inspected everything for creasing, or tears (with a flashlight) and couldn't find anything. I'm stumped. I've turned down the tweeter, and just poked around. Can anyone tell me what is going on? It's only audible at low volumes, and I want to make sure I'm not futher damaging anything. But the low end from this cab is HUGE. The Efficiency is real nice and high, so it takes just a little juice from my Ampeg to get this thing thumpin. The lows are so strong, has a TON of mids, and sweet, sweet highs. This cab can do it all! I have yet to pair it with my 2x15...

EDIT-I forgot to say that this cab has some amazing Punch. I've_never_felt such a punch in the lungs... Man O man. This My ATK through this cab sounds Phenomonal. The G&L sounds Beautiful also.

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I can feel the thump and bump from my 410xlt's 20 feet away.

Great choice. Way to go.

3. There is a slight amount of buzz on the upper left cone, only when played hard.

You might check the screws holding the speakers in place. These sometimes work themselves loose from the speakers vibrations. It's a good idea to tighten them up every year or so.

Be careful with a screw driver near the speaker. The magnet's pull can divert the driver's point from the intended target and cause a costly little hole.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Ahhh dude.....you are gonna freak when you hook up the 215 with that 410.

I played a 410XLT with a 215. Sounded unbelievable. Loud as anything, and the low end caused involuntary bowel movements! It punched like a Mike Tyson left hook, back when he was a good boxer. Almost an orgasmic experience. Is orgasmic a word?

Still can't figure out why I got rid of all that gear. DOH!

-Mike