1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new Elrick 4.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman275, Apr 22, 2006.

1. I just recieved this bass in trade.I now own 2 Elrick basses!:hyper: This is the lightest bass I have ever played.I'm pumped!!:hyper: :cool:Has that growly Elrick tone that I love.Also has a very sweet midrange tone.

Attached Files:

2. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    congrats. Elrick makes wonderful basses. I didn't get "exposed" to them until this past year when a couple of my buddies took delivery of some custom orders and I also had the opportunity to play them at NAMM.

I'm a Sadowsky/Lull/Lakland kind of guy and what I like about Elricks is they get that kind of "traditional-fender-bolt-on" punch and warmth like the Sads and such but they also maintain some hi-fi tone to them. Elricks sound much fatter then my old hippie sandwich basses I bought back in the 1980 Neck Through era.

Jeez, that's a long way of saying "nice bass". I'll get one someday.

3. Very nice!

4. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Great looking bass!

Is that walnut with a bubinga veneer?

I love the Wenge neck too.

5. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Sooo Niiiice. I've recently been reverting back to my passive P and J's, but when I want to get huge and thumpy with it I do break out my 7.5lb GS 5. Congrats.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It's walnut with a bloodwood veneer- Grandon of GW Basses (Bass Kahuna here at TalkBass) added them to it.