Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Elrick - Gigbag?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SirFunk, Aug 17, 2005.

1. SirFunk

SirFunk

May 24, 2001
    Lincoln, NE
    So I Broke down and bought myself an Elrick. I must say this bass is AMAZING. It looks beautiful and sounds even more beautiful. Compared to my carvin it's amazing. Changing the pickup selector makes a world of difference in the sound, and when i pluck really hard there's such a wonderful difference in tone. I think this is going to be my last bass ever (yeah right.. ok, for a while :-d )

anyway, here's a pic.. The flash makes it look really orange, i'll take more pics w/o the flash when i get home from work tonight.

[​IMG]

Also... anyone here know of a GOOD gigbag that will hold this baby? Something with reinforced sides?

_____ New Pictures _____

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Beautiful bass!! Personally I've always liked the Ritter bags.. The "Incase" bags are supposed to be the bee's knees but I have no direct experience with them. Here's their websie:

http://www.goincase.com/index.php

3. SirFunk

SirFunk

May 24, 2001
    Lincoln, NE
    Yeah, I've been looking at them.. they seem really hard to get ahold of though. I've e-mailed the company to see if i can get one though. I'll check out Ritter too.

4. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    The incase is (IMO) the best gig bag, but hard to find. Try Brian at The Low End-- I seem to recall that he had some.

5. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  6. SirFunk

SirFunk

May 24, 2001
    Lincoln, NE
    Ok, well i've sent out some e-mails... What would the next-best thing be?

7. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    I have an incase slim & an undercover double. If you are going to be walking around alot with the bag then get the undercover. For me, the incase bag gets a little heavy after a while.

I usually gig with the incase though, because its so solid.

BTW...that elrick is awesome. What kind of top is that?

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    The Incase bag is temporarily (at least) out of production, so if there are any left, you'd better grab one right away. No telling when or even IF they'll ever be back, and I can tell you from talking to them myself, IF they come back, they will be redesigned without all the "bells & whistles".

Next in line for good stuff, I'll agree with everyone that recommended Undercover. I've got one of the double bags, and it's great, actually more comfortable for carrying around than the Incase (I've got one of the Tour Bags), and protects the basses in it very well.

Oh, and that is a very nice Elrick, Rob makes great stuff!!! That's some of his burl maple, very tight stuff, really figured!

9. SirFunk

SirFunk

May 24, 2001
    Lincoln, NE
    Spalted Maple Burl... It's exactly what i was looking for it's pretty but lite and not burl-overkill.

Thanks for the heads up on undercover. If i can't get ahold of an incase i'll get that.

10. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

Great bass!

I thought that mine would be the last one also. ;) If you don't get the incase, check out the levy leather gig bag. I've had mine for a while now, and it's great. the strap could be designed more comfortably, but it's still good. i find that i care about the leather bag more then i would a nylon bag, so the bag get's babied too, which protects the bass even more!

11. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Rob has his OWN bag availale for MUCH less than an Undercover, and, IMO, as good or better. Call him!

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    DUH!

That's right, I had one for a while, it's very much like the Undercover, and priced very competetively (i.e. CHEAPER).

13. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I just got a Gigskinz GSBG, it's amazing. Really thick padding, plush lining, lots of storage, padded sides and bottom, just a really great bag.

14. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

If you want a great gig bag and are not afraid of spending $$ for it, Levy's makes a leather gig bag that is really solid. I have two and prefer the one that is kind of a "box" construction - similar to the one in their catalog on page 73. The bass version is MSS 119 - they show it in suede, but mine is full grain leather. Best bag I've ever seen.

Dan K.

15. SirFunk

SirFunk

May 24, 2001
    Lincoln, NE
    Bump for new pics.

16. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Nice!!

Gotta love that paddle-head!!!

:D

17. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey, I just now saw this thread- congrats! I hope I was of some help with your decision to get the bass. It looks even better in your pics than it did on the BassNW site.

Just so you know, there's no pickup selector switch- the two switches are the midrange selector switch and an active/passive switch; the pickup selection is done with the pickup blend knob next to the volume.

18. Nice one!!! Gotta love that top :cool:

What are the other woods used in the bass?

And do you know what the 3 frequencies are for the mid selection switch, Bryan?

My Singlecut Elrick (from C-5KO) is scheduled to arrive on Monday :hyper:

19. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
  20. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Good call. These look really nice.

My personal bag is a Mooradian made in Boston. Everyone in Boston totes their instruments in these. I love mine. It's been on a plane a few times and I always feel safe with it.
    www.mooradian.com