1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My New Epifani UL112c Combo (Now With Side Handles)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Got this a few weeks ago. I was looking for a very portable combo, and while this combo is a bit thicker front-to-back than I had originally planned on (16"), it's still pretty narrow, and the top handle, two side handles, and 48 lb. weight more than make up for it. I'm not sure how new the side handles on the 1x12 combo are, but they should really update the website with a photo of them.

It was a bit of a risk for me, as I had never played through one before. I've heard lots of Epifani heads and cabs, several in person, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to get sounds I liked out of it with my playing. I must say I'm very happy. It's definitely a clear, true tone, but it's not at all harsh or sparkly, as I find a lot of hi-fi stuff to sound. My basses all sound like themselves. Even with the clarity, it still has a thick enough top end which is a must for me- I sold my BBE Bmax pre because I could not get the highs to sound authoritative or thick enough, and because I couldn't get enough variety in tones. The mid cut button surprisingly makes for a very round sound, which I enjoy a lot. I love the ability to switch between two channels, and even with the minimal amount of EQ options, you can get very differnt tones out of it. Not as many as with my Sansamp RBI (which has Blend and Presence controls), but good enough for me. Very usable gain controls, and its DI has been great for recording. Oh yeah, it's real friggin' loud, too. I'm very happy :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In case you're wondering, the volume knob arrived loose and I've already lost it :meh:

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Dang Bryan.....I like the looks of that combo. Thank you for the review. I'd like to own one some day.

-Mike

3. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Yep, that has got to be one of the hottest 12" combos available. It has the right combination of power, performance, and portability. Thanks for the info; I am very interested in this amp. :)