My new ESH Various V is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by used13, Mar 27, 2002.

1. In case anyone is interested, my new Esh arrived a couple of days ago... I woulda posted sooner, but I've been too busy playing to drop by!
    I know that these things are subjective(to each his own etc.) but I have to say I am stunned by this bass. Ive tried and played them all, but something has always been lacking. I saw one in a Bass Player add and I was drawn in by the design, but after a few e-mails to them, I was hooked. I bought this bass direct from the factory in Germany without ever even having played one( I know it's risky, but hey you only live once, right?)
    Well, it arrived monday morning after only 6 weeks of wait, and it is hands down the most amazing thing I have ever played!!!!
    It's transparent Honey with two KA MM pickups, piezo bridge, Ebony Fingerboard( about an inch thick LOL!!!) Esh Tronik electronics; THE WORKS!!!! All I can say is this bad boy makes me want to play all the time.
    Gonna gig with it Thursday night, Can't wait!!!!
    I'll post picks as soon as possible!!!
  2. Dude, I really want an Esh! I'd love to see some pics. I've wanted one ever since I got backstage passes to a Type O Negative concert, and met Peter Steele. He let me play his for a couple minutes. I can't find any dealers, but I doubt I could afford one anyway.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Congrats on what is most definetly a sweet bass.
  3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    sounds awesome man! how 'bout some piccys? ;) congrats on the new bass...
  4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Cmon man!!! Let's see some pics!!! Don't tease us like this!!
  5. Hey used13, congrats on the new arrival. I was thinking of getting an Esh a while ago, but, couldn't find anyplace that had them.(Maybe I didn't look hard enough.) You bought it without ever trying it; well welcome to the club. I did the same thing with my Jack Casady bass. I could not find anyone that had one, so I just bought one. No regrets. Pictures, please.

Mike J.
  6. I'll try to get the pics up tonight!!! If I can stop playing long enough LOL!!!!!!
    Yeah, I kinda took a chance in buying it without playing one first, but then again I have been wanting one for a while, and I finally said "what the heck, they have a good reputation, they use quality parts etc." and I knew if I didn't get my hands on one I'd always be haunted by it!!!!
    List for mine is right in the neighborhood of $1750.00 U.S. and my gamble paid off!!! I talked to the main man Zoltan at the company, and we worked out a few details( extra pickup, ebony fretboard) and he gave me the price and said if I paid half down, he'd get to work on it and I could pay the rest when it was done. As amatter of fact, I did the entire thing by e-mail, and I have to say the guys at Esh are some of the frendliest people I've had the chance to get to deal with in this business.
    I know I sound like an ad for these guys, but I have to say if you're in the market for a new bass, check these guys out. I've put my hands on every kind of bass you can think of, and this thing by far exceeds anything I ever played. Knowing how this thing plays now, I'd probably drop $2500.00 easy on a new one.
    Speaking of which, I got plans to get another one within the next coupla months. Gonna go Fretless, trans. blue, one piece flame top!!! It's a lot of money, and I'll have to work my ass off to get it( I'm nowhere near loaded!!!) but I already know it's worth it!!!!
  7. Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    Congrats!! 34.5" Scale?
  8. Esh jusss boo-teeful man,boo-teeful! *hic*
    *drunken voice* :p

Post some pics!I have heard of Esh basses but really not sure about how they look,sound,etc.

Congrats on the new addition,dude!! :)
  9. Haven't you taken some pictures yet?
  10. catwig1

Mar 4, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Yes, we want pictures dammit! It sounds like a groovy bass U.