Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Eshenbaugh Brado 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SoyBase, Aug 8, 2002.

1. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I just have to show off the photos of my new custom Eshenbaugh 5. I cant wait to get it in my anxious little hands. Its a Curly Cherry top with Curly Maple back and Madagascar Rosewood fretboard. I've been a Stingray player my whole bass playing life so iI had to stick with the Musicaman style humbucker at the bridge. If it sounds half as good as it looks, then i'll be one happy boy. What does severyone think?

Tommy
    And here is a link to the back side...
    http://www.soybasemusic.com/private/Brado 5/mapnoflsh.jpg

2. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i absolutely FRIGGIN LOOOOOVEEE figured cherry!!!

GORGEOUS!!!!

congrats!!! looks very nice!!!

i have a gig tomorrow, may i borrow it?

thanks.

e-mail me for my shipping addy.

you're the best!

f

3. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    You'll have to pry this one from my cold dead hands!

I Havent gotten it yet, its in the final assmebly and finishing stages right now...I CANT wait..

Tommy

4. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    what is the finish on that? I have some figured Cherry that I want to make a bass out of, and that is just plain gorgous. now I need to clean my keyboard :rolleyes: ;) :D

5. Soybase, I don't believe we've met. Are you coming to the TB Atlanta Get-Together in Sept.? In the spring Mr. Eshenbaugh graced us with his presence and really made a great impression - Just ask Woodchuck.

Hope to see you there.

6. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Hey Hambone,
    I was at the last GTG at your place a few months ago. I will be at the one in Sept if everything works out. I'll bring this bass for sure as well!
    Thanks!
    Tommy

7. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Soybase - I think we met at GC...Anyways, does Mark only offer 2 body types ? I think I would (will :eek: ) opt for the one you chose. Very nice.
    Were the neck shape, electronics all specified by you ?

Man that thing is sweet. Those things just play themselves.

8. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Hey Stachio,
    Yeah, i remember meeting you at GC a while back when they had that bubinga 5 string. I specified everything pretty much. Mark is really cool to work with and can give really good advice. I opted for a different pre set up that has the mid/bass/treble pots hidden inside the bass with the 2 volume and 2 tones controls up front. I'll be able to tune my direct sound ( i like to play with an EQ pretty much flat anyway) by using the high end roll-off with the tone knobs..it should be interesting. The neck shape is pretty much a thin/jazz style since I have small hands. He's got that shape and another one called the J-series which is kind of a jazz bass look thats really cool as well.
    HOpefully i'll see you guys at the Atlanta TB meet in September...when is the date anyway?

Thanks
    Tommy

9. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    The bubinga one absolutely rocked. It blew every other bass there away. It had taken a little bit of abuse but I wouldn't mind...
    Apparently the date is set at Sept. 7/8 (weekend after Labor Day weekend).
    Do you think you could PM me his e-mail addy. I'm not sure if he's changed it or not since the last time I spoke to him.

10. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Roughly how much is the list price on a bass like this, i am interested in ordering one...

11. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    sweeet designs!!!!

look like a dream to play!

fred

12. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Yeah those basses are really nice.. I played one a few months back when I was down in atlanta.. The bass itself played great. good tone, but it wasn't for me.. good luck with yours

13. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Mmm. Looks like it plays really smooooth. Have fun with it.

:cool:

14. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    beautiful!!

15. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    that is one beautiful bass, man.

16. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Thanks for the replies fellas...I'll post more pics as soon as I get them...

Thanks
    Tommy

17. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
  18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Welcome to the club.

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Soy, when do you get it?

20. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Hey Woodchuck..I dont know exactly..the pre should be in today..Im hoping this week, but I'll take it when I get it..You cant rush perfection, you know?

Thanks
    Tommy