Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new F Bass is here!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Aug 31, 2002.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Man, everything i heard about these is true and then some!! Im loving the sound and feel- thanks George!!
    Im taking into the Blue Note to put it thru the paces this weekend. This thing is awesome!! and beautiful!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  3. Adrian, that looks really good.

I am going to play one tomorrow. Maybe I will have to get one.

Geoff

4. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've seen many natural BN5s, but your has got to be one of the finest, as far as wood grain patterns. I especially like the finer wood grains going through the mid section of body top, with the coarser grains going through the upper and lower sections.

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Adrian, Wow...I'm sure you will make it sound as beautiful as it looks. Enjoy the bass!!!

6. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Really nice bass, Adrian ! Congrats !

7. It's a beauty, Adrian! I like how George brought out the grain.

I remember F-Bass electronics being outstanding. How did it do on your gig? What were/are your favorite bass preamp settings?

Congrats!
    Jeff

8. Hey Adrian:

Congrats! I saw that baby three weeks ago just before assembly - the best looking natural BN5 I've ever seen!! I really love the flaming on the fretboard too - a little extra mmmmmm!!

I'm jealous....:cool:

BTW - does the S/N start with 16 or 17? There were two similar BN5's there when I stopped in, I'm curious which one that is?

9. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Man that kicks ass!

10. Man, that must have come from one funky looking tree! :D

11. WOW!!!

It looks......perfect! We need soundclips since you are funky as all get out. :D

12. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Man, I've always liked natural F's, but this one.....ubelievable! Congrats, and enjoy your new bass!

13. Looks too good to be true. Enjoy!

14. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
  15. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Adrian, that F looks awesome. I can't wait to hear how she worked out on a gig for you.

I do have a question. I've always thought that George's basses were built with multi-piece necks. It looks, from the photo, that it's a single piece of maple. I'll have to check the website to see if I'm wrong on this. I also noticed that the BN5 that Swami has on his website also appears to have a neck with one piece of maple.

16. That one sports a one-piece slab neck. George told me that these are the most stable, if cut from the right section of the lumber. My new Studio 5 is a 3-piece. He said that it depends on the wood he has available as to what the neck is made of.

The necks are matched to the bodies very early in production, as are the fret/fingerboards

Adrian might want to add more to this.

17. :eek: Droooool! :( That F bass is so sweet it makes me cry every time I see it.:D

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I think that is the prettiest natural ash bass I have ever seen! Congratulations, Adrian.:cool:

19. Just got back from playing the F bass at one of the Edmonton shops. It is a BN5 with a transparent red finish and an ebony fretboard. I hadn't played one in about 2 years, so this was reaffirming what I had thought of them.

My impressions: versatile electronics, I really like how the neck and bridge pickups were voiced, a simple turn of the blend knob took it from a stunning slap sound to a very round and fat fingerstyle tone. I thought the neck shape was a bit rounder than I am used to, but it was very comfortable and I found the neck very fast and friendly with the hands. The ebony board sounded very good. I am not sure how much different the maple board would be. I am looking for a righteous slap tone, and this one had a very good one, I am thinking I will go with maple when I get one (which playing this one has convinced me to do). The fit and finish were very good. I looked over the bass quite carefully. Very tight neck/body seem. The finish on the bass was transparent red, and the grain showed very well.

Adrian, do you know what transparent colours are available? I would appreciate if you could list them, cause I can't find them anywhere.

This has thoroughly convinced me that my next bass will be an F bass. Just have to wait till my Dingwall shows up :D, then I can decide when to order.

Geoff

20. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    holy doodle, man! that f bass is super sweet...i'm seriously considering taking out a loan and dropping it on an alain caron sig bass...i think the new one looks really sweet with the violin finish...or mebbe george would do me one up in black :D the big question is: 5 or 6 strings? sheesh...