Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new F bass!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sethlow3, Nov 9, 2004.

1. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    I am in love with this bass!!! I have owned a bunch of basses and this one is by far the best I have played!

Sound: It sounds so good in passive mode. I am able to get a musical range of tones with just the two volumes, active/passive pull, and single coil/ humbucking pull (3 knobs). When switching to the EQ there are tones abound that can make the bass sound anything from modern metal to jaco bridge tone, to dub reggae, to smoothe R&B. This baby does it all!

Playability: I love the 34.5" scale. The frets are perfectly dressed, it harldy feels the 9.5 lbs that is is, it balances better than anything I have played, the maple feels oh so smooth, and I can get the action to the medium light that I like without any problems. The bass came in too low of an action for my tastes, but it never buzzed in either case. The intonation is flawless on the B string.

Anyways its a great bass and rivals anything out there right now IMHO. Hats off to bass central for their great price and good service in my quest for tone. I had always played my friends BN6 for the test drive, but this one is a hotrod compard to his.

Looks- I love the back of this bass. It has like a sexy ash quilt in some spots. It took a while for me to like the look of maple fingerboards again, but I missed it since my sterling back in 00'
    PICS.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :)

2. groovit

groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    That is a gorgeous bass :bassist: ....Congrats!

3. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Looks really swank. F basses are great.

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Replying in an FBass topic? Using the word SWANK? Looks like I've got a clone, here.

Truly, that is a fantastic instrument. Throw a fretless ebony board on, and you've got my dream bass!

5. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    I really need to visit their factory. It's rather close to me, (well, it's but a few hours away, anyways.)

Beautiful bass, by the way.

6. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004

Don't take it personal, but I didn't intend for that to happen.

I do love F basses though ;)

7. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Congratulations! Sweet looking F Bass! I can relate to your joy! I picked up a natural ash BN5 a few weeks ago. It also took me a few days to get use to the maple board. They sure help provide a great slap sound! :bassist:

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    F Basses are the Shiznit- congrats and welcome to the club !

9. A thing of beauty! Congratulations. Bet you can't keep your hands off of her, eh? ;)

10. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    That is drop dead Gorgeous! Nice grain Sethlow! Wow!

11. I've got GAS.

Niccccceeeee!

12. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    That is...B-E-A-UTIFUL!

13. I envy you man.. mmm... I got GAS again.. :crying:

14. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Great bass and welcome to the club. It's the same as mine and I love the color because depending on the light it looks aqua blue to dark blue. When I first got mine last year, I said just about the same as you. The bass balances perfectly and to me, the neck shape is perfect with the only other bass coming close was my Tobias Classic 5.

Pics to mine: http://community.webshots.com/user/pistoleroace

15. WAKOJACO

WAKOJACO Guest

Jul 5, 2000
    Binghamton, NY
    Did your Fbass come with the intonation (saddles) set right?
    Mine didn't. I noticed your saddles are pretty straight in-line, i.e. not adjusted.

16. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Excellent!!! Beautiful bass!!!

17. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    B-U-T-ful. Teal/turqouise is one of my most hated colours, but I'll be damned if that F can't pull it off well.

Congrat's
    Travis