My new family of friends, and "thanks Adrian" !!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shinster, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Shinster

Feb 23, 2002
    SF Bay area CA
    I just adopted a new bass (on the right)
    I just wanted to say thanks Adrian!!!! for my new "F-Bass", it is everything you said it would be and more. I am extrememly happy with the sound, fit & finish of this bass, PLUS dealing with you was a real pleasure!! :) [​IMG]

Buying a bass sight unseen on the web was a little scary, especially since I've never played an "F" before, but Adrian hooked me up with what I told him I was after and he followed through with everything....awesome dude, thanks again.
    gw ;)

PS: this forum is great!! and thanks to all for all the great information, I do feel like I found a family of friends .:D
  2. I like Adrian...:D Wanna give me a good deal on that Tobias Adrian?
  3. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    great basses and a great rig! I would love to hear how those Wayne Jones cabs sound....

4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Sweet! I'm a little envious of those Wayne Jones cabs I see there!:oops: That F Bass looks killer! I've always loved MTDs, and that certainly looks like no slouch.

Adrian is good people. He's also a heck of a bass player...don't tell him I said that, though:D
  5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Shinster. whassuup?? Thanks for the kind words, man. Im so glad you're diggin the F bass, its easy to make someone happy when these basses are so good- I am curious about the sound of the Wayne Jones, too, bro- nice rig. Im diggin the Eclipse -thats lacquered, right? I played an early ash prototype- Mike Tobias never misses. Good luck on and congrats on the F bass, its pure class- as are you. peace, Adrian
  6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    BrettAM. I am told "the check is in the mail" for the Tobias, but ive had someone back out before, so you know...;)
  7. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    A shop in Chicago has a natural finish solid Swamp Ash MTD 635 that I had to give a whirl...that bass abolutely SUNG!!! It was SWEET!!!
  8. ooo goody goody, I've had gas for a pre-gibson tobias for years... but I have to spend my cash on an Eden right now; if only I was rich...:(
  9. Listen

May 19, 2002
    What shop is this?!
  10. Shinster

Feb 23, 2002
    SF Bay area CA
    Adrian.. Man, thanks again!
    Yes, the Eclipse is lacquered, Ash body, wenge neck. The F bass is a great compliment to the MT, gives me tones I can't get with the eclipse, although it's a great bass and I've been playing it for years now.
    As for the WJ's they are pure raw !!!
    and Wayne is a great guy (also :D ) to deal with. I am diggin these cab's. The low's and highs are as clear and clean as I've ever heard, and handle the B with ease, they are power hungry tho. I would love to get two more, but then, that's just plan scary :eek: I can't wait to get out and play with them along with my new "f" ;)
  11. Beautiful F bass. Beatiful MTD.

Wayne Jones....HOLY:eek: .

12. Man that is a nice F bass. I still like Adrian's better tho.:D
  13. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Make'n Music. It's in a loft building near the intersection of Western and Lake. They only sell mid to high end gear, and don't have a website. Their phone number is (312)455-1970.
  14. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder

Congrats on the F bass. Adrian is a great guy!

I'm curious as everyone seems to be on the WJ. I know there power hungry like the Acme's, but the problem with the acme's, they would never really throw the volume.

The price on the WJ's is quite high, so if you have played the Epifani stuff how do the two WJ 210's compare to Epifani's 410 1000w cab.
    And actually I guess for the money how does it compare to the Epifani 610 at 1500w?

The Epifani's are clean with great bottom, But I've heard good things about the WJ. So compare if you can.
  15. Shinster

Feb 23, 2002
    SF Bay area CA
    Brian, sorry I have no experience with Epifani's 410 1000w cab or 610 @1500w. I use to play through (2) 410 swr goliaths... ha, no comparison and I'm not even going to try (nothing wrong with swr's but these are in a class all by themselves). These are the mercedes of cabinets, IMO. Wonderfully warm and very rich sounding cab's., they handle the tones from all over the neck flawlessly. Fantastic highs that sing and the bottom B string comes through just awesome and hits you square in the chest. I have overkill with my power amp but it's great to have the headroom when I crank up and these cabinets handle it without a wimper. The fit and finish is incredible too, they each came with a seperate gig pouch which I thought was very cool! I have not had a chance to gig with them yet :( but I am 100% confident that when I do I'll be smiling ear to ear :p ... I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again even though I dug in deep for the big bucks to get them. Wayne is a great guy to deal with and will spend the time to answer your questions and make you feel at ease.
  16. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    you got a nice rig.. very nice.. congrats.. on all of it :)
  17. Nice F! I just got mine as well, but I have no pics to share. They're outstanding instruments for sure.
  18. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA

Me Too! Nice set-up!
  19. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    .....F Bass.....

*insert jaw drop HERE*
  20. Shinster

Feb 23, 2002
    SF Bay area CA
    Thanks for all the comments and congrats... :)