Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Family - You Gotta See This!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jul 20, 2005.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Here is the latest picture of my new family.

From front to back

Pedulla Rapture JJ2 5
    Valenti Number 3
    Rickenbacker 4003
    Fender MIM Classic 60's Jazz Modded
    Ibanez Blazer (1981)

[​IMG]

So let me give you the run down.

I bought both the Pedulla and the Valenti for my 21st birthday which was yesterday (19th July), I recieved the Pedulla last week from DavidMWilson and got the Valenti today from Nino.

Firstly the Pedulla came amazingly packed cover from head to toe in bubble wrap both inside and outside the case, I let it settle for a couple of hours first and then had a quick go as I was saving the bass for my birthday.

The construction is flawless, the bass is very light and the neck is a dream to play on, slapping has never been so easy on a 5 string. Its currently strung with DR Lo-Riders which I really really like and will be stringing my Ric with the same when I get it setup soon. I used this at an ambience jam and the thing is thunderous, I left the pre set flat and it just smoked, I love the tone of this bass (Hence why I own it.) It was so easy to tap on and everything. I just love it. The neck is so fast and comfortable is just a dream to play (A wet one at that). Thanks Dave, for selling me this incredable bass

Next the Valenti, now yes this is number 3 and yes you've probably all read the review but I did have nino customise it a bit. I've had Nino put on a Hipshot Drop D-tuner, and redo the electonics, the controls are

Volume (Push/Pull Series/Parallel)
    Blend
    Vintage Tone Control (Push/Pull Active Passive)
    Stacked Bass and treble of the Aguilar OBP-1 Pre Amp

The pickups are Nords and they sound amazing, just how I wanted this bass to sound, kinda vintage but not quite. Kinda like the ashdown of the bass world, just that little bit extra special.

Now the other cool thing is this is the first and only Valenti in the UK.

Right sounds, the series/parallel isn't amazing in passive mode there ins't a huge difference but click into active mose and its like 2 different basses, just sounds huge, the VTC is great is allows me to have a full passive jazz and then that little extra control over the pre amp in active mode.

The neck is a bit chunkier than I expected but lovely reminds me of my Rickenbacker or Ibanez Blazer. I left the pickup cover on because I prefer the look and I can slap just fine with it there, also makes a great thumb rest.

The bass is flawless, the controls are solid, everything is put together tightly, the d-tuner works again perfectly, my only critisim is the Valenti logo, you can see the out line but I believe he has fixed this now anyway on his newer basses. Remember this is No. 3.

So those are my newest basses I'll post more once I've played them a bit more but right now I'm so happy I more or less have my dream setup for basses and amps and nearly pedals as well.

Feel free to comment guys, thanks

P.S. NINO I LOVE YOU

P.S.P.S DAVE YOUR NOT TO BAD EITHER ;)

2. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Nice collection!... and welcome to the Valenti 'family'.

3. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Nice basses and Happy Birthday!

I only had a Kramer Pioneer at my 21st birthday. [where's the violin? :crying:]

Marshall

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    well so you don't think I'm spoilt I did buy the basses with my own money so, yeah I'm sad and bought my self my main birthday present.

But thanks for the nice comments guys.

5. Pedulla.... *drool*

Valenti.... *drool some more*

Oops!

I need to change my pants.

~Ryan :rollno:

6. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I didn't think you were, and I do the same thing! :bassist:
    Marshall

7. nice family if i do say so myself

8. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Beautiful family... and my favorite valenti of all time! :bassist:

9. I have that '60's reisssue Jazz and love it.

Nice family indeed!

10. I have been buying myself a bunch of basses for my birthday present too :D

11. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    I'm thinking of having the MIM Jazz modded to have similar passive controls as the Valenti, kinda tempted to change the pickups to nords but there is something a little bit nice about those vintage fender pickups.

What do you guys think about the knobs on the Valenti, its 3 standard jazz ones then a stacked black metal one, I'm not sure I may ask nino to send me 3 matching black metal knobs. I think chrome would be a bit to much silver on this bass.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys

12. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Yay just sold the Ibanez and have another special P-Bass soon to be purchased.

Update in next couple of weeks.

Are you excited well huh are you huh are you?

13. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I hate you....

*looks at his own shi**y collection*

I hate you alot

14. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    Nice family............love the FENDER.

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

16. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
  17. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Modded Mexi Fender 62 RI Jazz
    Valenti Number 3
    Valenti Number 5
    Pedulla Rapture JJ2 5
    Rickenbacker 4003

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy

18. wow i love that Valenti Pbass. i've always love that bass especailly with the black hardwear.

and i love the ric too, i've got a thing for them