My new family...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chaoslord, May 12, 2003.

1. Well I finally made my step into the realm of "high end 5's"

I went out last monday and played everything I could get my hands on at about 7 different music stores in the Hollywood area and these flat out smoked any competition.

I didn't go down with them in mind, but I came home with them in hand...and man they are awesome.

So without further adu...
  2. Peacock Blue Rapture 5, birds eye maple board...
  3. Thunderbolt 5, Vintage Cherry Sunburst, Rosewood board...
  4. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Those are very beautiful looking basses. I bet you can't stop playing them!

Have fun.

5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    ok, now I am jealous. I would love to get my hands on the blue one. I've never played Pudullas, but I know they have barts. What's it sound like? and how much did it set you back?
  6. The sound on both of them is phenominal. The blue rapture gives me basically all the uber J and P bass sounds. Nice and growly when I need it to be and smooth and punchy when I don't.

The red thunderbolt is probably the most agresive sounding bass I've ever played and it has a low end punch that will knock you on your butt.

I got to play them through my rig for the first time on Saturday and I was nothing but smiles.

The only thing about Pedulla that I think some guys will hate (I love it) is that the fingerboards are very wide (19mm spacing) and very thin front to back. Makes them feel totally different from any other bass I've played but they sit fantastic in my hands.:bassist:
  7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama

I love that birds eye maple fretboard!!!

8. Good choice chaos,
    Pedullas are well built. I see them as sort of the gateway to the highend palace. And the resale is great for buyers. For the same price as some would pay for 1 MTD or 1 Zon, you come home with 2 Pedullas!

9. dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    I just got a Thunderbolt 5 a few months ago. I love it!

BTW - Nice Score!

P.S. - Heres Mine :)

10. I saw a blue PJ5 just like that one at Hollywood GC. Best bass in the store.
  11. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    wow! that red one looks so very sweet, and the blue one is.....also sweet! :D

how bout some sound clips?
  12. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Sweet man,, lucky for you. All the Pedullas at the Rancho GC have mile high action with decrepit strings.
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Excellent choices! I dig Pedulla 5 bangers as well; to me, they are some of the best basses out there that just seem to be tailored to my preferences. Those should rock the house for a metal gig (I seem to remember that's what you do...)

I'm especially envious that you have two. I'd kill for that PJ Rapture.
  14. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Two fantastic basses at once!
    Where's that smiley for deep-seated envy when you need it?
  15. Nope you didn't see one just like it...You saw it. I work for G.C. and the Hollywood store is where I aquired these beauties.

Brendan: You are correct sir, metal is my forte. So far they are working out fabulous.

Dabshire: Congrats on your Thunderbolt, it seems we have twins. :bassist:

Killdar: I will see if I can borrow a friends digital recorder. If not you'll just have to wait til June 25th when I hopefully will be scoring my new Pro Tools Digi002 setup.:cool:

Thanks for all the comments guys!
  16. I'm glad you got it. The price seemed a little high for mortals, but I bet you got a nice deal, being an employee and stuff. Enjoy the basses.
  17. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    how does the p sound, how does the j sound. i mean compared to standard p and j tones
  18. To me they sound pretty close to normal P and J tones just alot beefier.

The whole P/J on steriods phrase really comes into play on this bass. I love it.
  19. Yeah, that's what I thought when I played it too. Pretty remarkable, actually--most PJ's seem to be missing a little something. On that one, it was all there.