1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My New Fender P-Bass Special

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Manol, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Manol

Manol Too Sexy To Be Left Handed.

Oct 9, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Decided to fork out on a new bass as I grew out of my old RBX270. Which is still a great guitar. I may get it de-fretted.

But my new baby! Is great, it has all the tones I could want. PJ config, J pickup is a TAD weak but thats fixed with some setting changes on the EQ.

Great Guitar.

Body: Alder, (Precision Bass Body)

Neck: Maple Jazz Bass Neck (Satin Polyurethane Finish)

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Pickups: 1 Standard Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass Pickup (Mid),
    1 Dual-Coil Ceramic Noiseless™ Jazz Bass Pickup with Nickel Plated Pole Pieces (Bridge)

Bridge: American Vintage Precision Bass

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really love the tone I can get out of it, really nice and punchy, whilst getting a nice smooth tone if I want. A set of DR Hi-Beams should give it more life also =D.

2. Nice bass :)

Enjoy!

3. Nice bass. I was thinking of getting one myself. I like them in red or blue.

4. bob04

bob04

Aug 5, 2005
    Stourbridge, U.K.
    dude, i got the same bass for christmas except for a maple finger-board, they are great aren't they, really fit the bill, especially for rock (like my band play)
    Nice one :) :hyper:

5. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I have never seen that pickguard color before and I think it looks rockin' on black. Congrats on your new p bass.

6. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Congrats, Ive got the same colour combo on my Jazz, you've got taste! :cool:

7. Manol

Manol Too Sexy To Be Left Handed.

Oct 9, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    I love it, the J pickup just add's enough growl when you blend with the P to make a really winning combo.

Its very nice for Jazz situations as well which ive used it in. It really cuts through everyone, and I can hear myself much better.

Apart from the tiniest, TINEST chip on the fretboard at the 19th fret, for a mexican bass, this thing is like a rock and everything is just really stable on it, especially the tuners.

Another thing that helps this bass, is all parts are American its just built in Mexico.