My New Fender P-Bass Special

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Manol, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Manol

Manol Too Sexy To Be Left Handed.

Oct 9, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Decided to fork out on a new bass as I grew out of my old RBX270. Which is still a great guitar. I may get it de-fretted.

But my new baby! Is great, it has all the tones I could want. PJ config, J pickup is a TAD weak but thats fixed with some setting changes on the EQ.

Great Guitar.

Body: Alder, (Precision Bass Body)

Neck: Maple Jazz Bass Neck (Satin Polyurethane Finish)

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Pickups: 1 Standard Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass Pickup (Mid),
    1 Dual-Coil Ceramic Noiseless™ Jazz Bass Pickup with Nickel Plated Pole Pieces (Bridge)

Bridge: American Vintage Precision Bass

I really love the tone I can get out of it, really nice and punchy, whilst getting a nice smooth tone if I want. A set of DR Hi-Beams should give it more life also =D.
  2. Nice bass. I was thinking of getting one myself. I like them in red or blue.
  3. bob04

Aug 5, 2005
    Stourbridge, U.K.
    dude, i got the same bass for christmas except for a maple finger-board, they are great aren't they, really fit the bill, especially for rock (like my band play)
    Nice one :) :hyper:
  4. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    I have never seen that pickguard color before and I think it looks rockin' on black. Congrats on your new p bass.
  5. Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Congrats, Ive got the same colour combo on my Jazz, you've got taste! :cool:
  6. Manol

Manol Too Sexy To Be Left Handed.

Oct 9, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    I love it, the J pickup just add's enough growl when you blend with the P to make a really winning combo.

Its very nice for Jazz situations as well which ive used it in. It really cuts through everyone, and I can hear myself much better.

Apart from the tiniest, TINEST chip on the fretboard at the 19th fret, for a mexican bass, this thing is like a rock and everything is just really stable on it, especially the tuners.

Another thing that helps this bass, is all parts are American its just built in Mexico.