Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new Fender P bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Nov 1, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

I just got this in the mail from Ishibashi in Japan. An exellent bass in sound and feel. Im going to do a review soon.

2. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Ishibashi has some beautiful fenders! congrats!
    can I ask you what it costs to ship here with the import fees and whatnot?
    - Tom

3. it's beautiful. congratz. :bassist:

4. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Ahh, my favorite P-bass color combo... and a twin to my '99 57 USA RI. Congrats!!! You're gonna love it.

5. uhh, is anyone else seeing two totally different color combos? First one looks blue/silver, second looks white/gold.

They're both very nice looking at least!

6. Sergio

Sergio

Apr 7, 2004
    Lafitte, LA
    You just made me cry. :(

7. Sorry Serg. The color is White and Gold. Not blue and silver. The camera and the photographer are so so when it comes to taking pictures.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  9. Not exactly a '57 RI. Its Japanese. PB57-80US. Its modeld after the '57 though.

10. Nice! [​IMG]

I definitely dig that precision. If it had a red tort. pickguard though, I'd probably mug you for it. Or watch you play and cry a little. It really could go either way.

11. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
  12. SubMonkey

SubMonkey

May 3, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Yah, what Echo008 said....

How much was shipping and duties etc. to your location ?
    How long did it take ? Would you do it again ? :D

There's alot of good looking stuff on Ishibashi's site. I been tempted but was curious about the realities of buying across that ocean.

SM

13. KYJazzy

KYJazzy

Nov 10, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    Wow, beautiful. I got some questions!

1. How was the ordering/shipping process? Everything smooth?
    2. How much was it? I can't imagine ordering from Japan, given the weakness of the dollar to the yen (or has it leveled recently? Japan's economy hasn't been so hot)
    3. How much was the bass in yen and USD?

Congratulations. A CIJ Pbass sounds delightful....

14. The bass cost 64000 yen which is about $570.00 US, and the shipping was 14000 yen which is another $125.So you can figure it was about $700 total.

The process of ordering was smooth as glass. Really. I stress that you make sure you are getting what you want. Know what you are ordering. I checked a few times on the color. Its a Vintage White but from the pictures I took some of them seem like a blueish white. Its really a light cream color.
    Also there is another model that is simalar to this one but it comes without the tug bar, the bridge cover, the pup cover and a white pickguard instead of the Gold Anodized Aluminum one.

I would definitly do it again. Its so easy to do. I ordered the bass on Friday the 28th of Oct. and I recieved it on Tuesday the 1st of November. 4 days total. And there was a Saturday and Sunday involved.
    I'll review it in a few days.

15. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    man that looks awesome!

ishibashi are so good!

i really like the bell and bridge covers, neck looks cool!

congradulations

16. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    how do you order from ishibashi?

17. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Very nice bass .... is there a really noticible difference between the MIJ bass and the USA bass, now that you have your hands on it?

Congrats, she's a beaut!!

18. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    hi, i just emailed them from their translated website.

sent them the details of what i wanted. they quoted shipping via email and confirmed it and i gave them my credit card details!

too easy! :D