My New F'in Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Senor SQUID, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Well I got her this morning and all I have to say is WOW!!! This is the easiest playing bass I have ever played and I am not a 5 string player. I can't believe how good this bass sounds. I love my Laklands but this F is THE Bass!!!
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  3. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Big, Fat, Deep Bottom End Tone. And Clarity that kills!! Everytone that I need or want I can get. When I need Old School passive I have my Laklands!
  4. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Gotta say man, thats one of the best lookin F's I've seen!
  5. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats Joey! I know that you've been wanting to get an F Bass for a while. :hyper:
  6. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Yeah I loved how the Roscoe's looked but this has the look and the tone that I have been hearing in my head. Thanks;)
  7. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Hey Joey,

I'm glad to see you decided to keep it. I guess wifey is OK with it now?:smug:

8. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine

please say yes...please say yes...please say yes... :D
  9. omg! nice!
    so, which do ya'll prefer, kaopectate or imodium? nooooooo!!! don't light that match!!!....

and blue flame, consumed all....

congrats! :cool:
  10. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
  11. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Congrats Joey! I was wondering if you would hear and feel the magic, especially compared to your beloved Laklands. F Basses are the Nth degree for me too. I really love my Lakland DJ5 because for its great Jazz Bass look, sound and vibe, but my F Bass offers that much more versatility, performance and then some. And the F Bass neck profile and scale is mucg friendlier than my Lakland DJ5 for my hands.

My F Bass BN5 is my Number one bass. It slaps like Marcus, growls like Geddy, can make Jaco-like Jazz bass tones, does R&B like Jamerson and more! The F Bass Preamp is simply the most musical and versatile I've played not to mention easy to dial in a great sound quick!

Let us hear a review of your F Bass compared to your Laklands if you get a chance. Congrats again. Gary
  12. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    WOW! First thought that came to my mind... "Blonde zebra..."

That's not meant to be a slam... kind of a Rorschach Test thing... Cool looking axe, man! Good luck with it... :cool:
  13. Man, that grain kills everybody.. Wow.. :eek:
    Congrats. Let's keep her warm up.. :bassist:
  14. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets

I'm glad your are going to be able to keep it.
    Whatever it's going to cost you with the wife I hope it is of a lesser value. Work harder at covering your tracks. That's what I do.

15. basste

Oct 8, 2003
    really nice bass. congrats !!!
  16. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
  17. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I am with you two. I find out what she likes and ebay it off a reputable seller. She wanted a gucci 5502, picked up a almost unused one on the bay for 200. But damn if she won't stoked!

Only reason I am saying that is cause I am doing the same dance right now. And it is to ok the purchase of a custom F bass!!!! I gotta say, I think this is my vibe! Congrats, that thing is a beauty
  18. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    That's F'in sweet!!!