Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Flea bass...what's that on the pickup?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 95JettaCity, Mar 16, 2004.

1. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    So I finally brought home my Modulus Flea bass 4 from GC here in Indy. I bought it used for $950 and thought that was a deal to begin with. But after looking at it a second time a couple weeks ago, I noticed that the Modulus symbol was on the corner of the pickup...hmmm, I thought to myself. If my memory serves me correctly, only the LANE POOR pickup had that symbol on it. And for once in my life, my memory was correct and I had found my dream bass. I realized that I could not let this go to anyone else and I put it on layaway. So today I plugged it into my rig at home and was absolutely blown away by the tone of this rare beast. People said that these have a rather cold sound to them, well I would like to be one of those who disagree with that statement. I owned a Stingray before, and the low range of this Flea is tighter, smoother, and actually WARMER. Not to mention the highs on this Lane Poor are like nothing else out there. So for a Modulus that was in perfect condition sitting on a hanger, a Flea bass none the less, and a pickup that is worth hundreds by itself, I couldn't be happier having to pay less than a thousand dollars. Thanks for listening... now go forth and make music.

Andy

2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Andy, Andy.... you know the rules man!

friggin pics man! :mad:

Bro great find! Enjoy!!!!! :p :bassist:

3. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    yeah you HAVE to show some pics.

i have a flea with the LP pickup, it sounds incredible. the build quality of these basses is also amazing, it feels more solid than anything else i've tried.

4. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Sorry to tease ya like that guys. I will put pics up as soon as I can.

Andy