Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Fodera bolt on arrived today.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theaterbass29, Jan 20, 2004.

1. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    Got my new Fodera V.W. Monarch Bolt on 4 string bass today. Sorry I dont have a pic to put up, but Im working on it. It has been my dream to own a Fodera for several years now. I purchased this one from Bass Central, they are having a year end clearance sale, so I got a good buy in it. They have one more left, but it isnt a PJ, but rather a JJ, but I played it when I was there last week, and it rocks, too.
    Mine has a mahogany body and a beautiful spalted maple top. The pickups are EMG PJ with the Mike Pope 2 band preamp. The fingerboard is Kingwood, with brass nut and brass Fodera Bridge. I have a Hipshot D tuner ordered for it which should be here in a couple of days. I need that because I mostly play 5s and I need to at least be able to access a low D.
    I dealt with Gard at Bass Central, who some of you know is a member of this forum, under the name Base 6, or it might be Gard, Im not sure. Anyway, he is a pleasure to deal with and they went out of their way to help me get it quick. I know this thread doesnt have any purpose other than my bragging of my new bass, but I cant help it, Im so excited. Would love to talk about Foderas, so feel free to chime in with your opinions and pics.

2. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Yup, that is her. Thanks for posting the pic for me. Isnt she lovely.....quote from Stevie.

3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Congrats..I know you'll like it. ;)

4. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    My collection is getting a little out of control but, I cant help it. I live in East Tennessee where we do a lot of different styles both in the studio, and in the music theaters here in Pigeon Forge, so it is important to have as many different kinds of basses as you can get your hands on. Below is a list of my current gear.

Fodera Bolt On described above.
    Sadowsky 24/F 5 string, ash body, maple neck
    Elrick Single Cut 5, Ag.3 Pre, Ash body, Buckeye
    Burl top, Wenge board, Bart. Soaps.
    Zon Sonus 5, Ash Body, Bart electronics.
    Fender Jazz Jaco Fretless, customized by me.
    Fender stock '61 Precision, maple neck.
    Danelectro Longhorn Reissue
    Knilling Thinline Upright, Gage Pickup.

Demeter VTBP-201 Preamp
    Line 6 Bass Pod Pro XT, with Shortboard
    Behringer 120 wt 12 in combo
    Roland Bass Cube 30, for practice.
    Shure In Ear Monitors.
    Hartke 2100 2/10 cab.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Congrats, and nice top! The Monarch is probably the only Fodera body style I enjoy looking at.

I'm still in love with your Elrick singlecut, though :)

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Jeff -

Hey man, I go by Gard here, Base6 is my AIM handle! ;)

Glad she made the trip safe & sound, that is indeed a beautiful bass, and she's found a good home with a big beautiful family it seems!

It was great having you and the Mrs. in the shop last week, hope y'all felt at home.

7. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    We sure did. You know, Bass Central is like one of my favorite stores ever. It used to be Corner Music in Nashville, but since Forks Drum Closet moved out of the side building and into their own building, and Corner took over the whole store, they are really too big now. The bass department is nothing like it used to be. I doubt they care what I think, but back in the 90s, Corner music had a bass department that would even compete with Bass Central, and you could always walk in there and see a bass star like Michael Rhodes, or Mike Chapman, and so on. Now, it just, well....(sux) for lack of a better word.
    Anyway, if you want a nice store, with a large selection of basses, except Fender because everybody has Fender, then check out Gard at Bass Central in Fern Park, Florida, or check them out online at www.basscentral.com, and save yourself some tax money for buying out of state.

8. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    Uuh! It's a pleasure to look at her, I'm sure it's a pleasure to hear her play... and play with her! Congrats.

9. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Hey Tumbao, I saw you were selling the rest of your Elricks, is everything okay? I hate to see people sell their basses unless they are making room for new ones. Hope all is well. The Elrick singlecut is my favorite bass, but this Fodera is giving it a run for the money.

10. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    Yeah, liquidation sale due to GAS attack. You know...

11. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Boy do I know! I hope I have everything I need for while and can put off those GAS attacks, however, Im really into Dingwall Afterburner 6s and I can definitely see one of those in my future. Anybody out there have a Dingwall?

12. Congratulations !!

I got my Monarch from BC too and dealt with Beaver. A great store.

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun.

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

...having played the evil creation in question, I can relate to your "liquidation sale". I personally want to thank you profusely for attempting to remove it from my sight! ;) That beast is almost enough to make me think about leaving my "wife" (my Zon Sonus Special 5 fretless)

(BNF5....woohoo....VERY nice bass :D)