Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Fodera Emperor Deluxe 5!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AMJBASS, Oct 3, 2002.

1. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    It arrived!:D My new Fodera Emperor Deluxe! It is one of the sweetest sounding basses I have ever played. It sits absolutely perfectly in the mix! It has a midrange punch that I have never experienced before. Really nice growl, but smooth in the upper register. The bass has a sweet slap tone, especially when I switch it to single coil. Sounds almost identical to my Jazz!(won't need to bring that anymore!)

The bass has an Alder body with a great looking Walnut top and matching headstock. The neck is made out of Maple with a Kingwood fingerboard.

I had a practice with my funk band on Tuesday, and it is the first bass that I have actually had them complement on my tone! I don't need to EQ it at all to punch through the band.

I love the Pope pre-amp. It kills the Bartolini pre in my Warrior. It seems to add just enough treble to add presence, and enough bass to shake pictures off the walls!

Fabulous bass. I am thrilled to pieces!:D
    [​IMG]

2. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Nice axe. How are the harmonics?

3. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    The Harmonics on this bass are the most pronounced I have experienced. They are incredibly loud, with great sustain. Sweet bass!

4. HOLY!!:eek:

A Warrior AND a Fodera! Well, I look forward to seeing the Warrior in a week or two.

Really nice bass. I am glad to hear that you like the sound. I remember that GIANT thread about it. Looks like you made the right choice.

Geoff

5. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I don't have any problem at all with the sound. I don't think it would be as suited to being a solo instrument though. It isn't as "polite" as the Warrior! I really like the way it sounds in the band. The Warrior is really smooth throughout the entire bass, and sounds great solo. Though, it isn't quite as punchy, and doesn't have the growl that the Fodera has. I love it!:D

6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    OH man, Adrian....that is a beauty! I'm real glad that the Fodera is working out for you. I think that you did real well here. If you want to post more photos here we would sure love to see them. Also please keep us updated on she works out for you as you get some quality time with her.

What strings are you using if you don't mind me asking.

7. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I don't know what strings are on it right now. I have on order a few sets of D'Addario XL super long.
    I like the feel, but I need a heavier B. I'll experiment a little. Here is a picture of the Headstock:
    [​IMG]

8. I've seen in a while that I have really liked. It has an understated class about it that I really like. I'm so glad it sounds as good as it looks.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Schweet!!

brad cook

10. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    funny how what some think is an ok bass, others will love:D

i played my emperor 5 on a couple of straightahead gigs this weekend and it sounded fab.

11. Yessss...Fodera!

12. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Man I've so glad you like the bass. I didn't want to turn you off from buying it. Good to see it's working for you.

13. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Man, I don't know what you guys were thinking!;) :D This bass is great! I can get the Clarity and presence by boosting the treble on the pre-amp. In passive mode the bass doesn't have a lot of highs. I image that the wood combination and pickups have a lot to do with this. I don't think I am going to go for the Seymour Duncan Dual Coils. I really like the way it sounds right now. I am going to get it setup on Monday by one of the best luthiers around. It should play perfectly when he is done!:D

14. Yeah man, if you like how it sounds, don't even worry about it. We all have different tastes and ears. Even though everybody agrees that my Fodera sounds great. :cool: Hahaha...glad you seem to have made the right choice.

15. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Word!

Hey Funky. Got any Lane Poor's for sale??:D

16. No comment. :p

17. sirgrooveholic

sirgrooveholic

Sep 26, 2002
    Do you know if your parents looking for a new child?

I'm just busting your balls!!!

18. BoogieNight

BoogieNight

Jun 15, 2001
    Brazil
    What about some sound clips (mp3) ?
    :D

19. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    When we are done our demo CD, I will post some sound clips. Until then, I don't have any way of getting them to you! I will be using this bass exclusively on that CD. It is so versatile:)

20. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

What a beaut! I will own a Fodera one day, oh yes...!