Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Fodera is here!!! Thanks BassCentral!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jammadave, May 20, 2004.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Oh. My. God. Uhh, that about covers it. =0)

Thanks to Gard for being the ultimate sales dude, thanks to my girlfriend for fronting me 80% of the dough at the time (yes, I plan to make her my wife, dammit! I'm paying her back first though ;) ), and thanks to Vinny and Joey at Fodera for making this one worth the wait!

Oh yeah, and a very special, humble thanks to Vic for taking the time to sharpie up my axe! (see back of headstock!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What are the specs?

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    And now the avatar has the bass. Excellent.

4. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    24 frets, 34" scale 4-banger, the top and headstock face is carved and fit of holly and ebony, fretboard of birdseye maple up to where the ebony takes over.. Maple neck, I honestly cannot remember for the life of me what the body is made of. Standard Fodera active 2-band pre with pull passive mode on the vol knob... uhhhh, let's see... Brass nut of Jazz width.

This thing is, in technical terms, one bad motha-shutyomouth.

5. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Err... nice? :D I don't quite fancy the ying yang thing, but congrats anyways!!

6. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    congradulations!
    can you play it like vic?

7. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Yup, I was waiting for the moment to unleash the new avatar you so graciously 'shopped the bass into for me. Thanks again for that.

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You are quite welcome. Too bad we've all moved on to Street Fighter icons now. Yoga noogie!

9. Sweet bass, Vic does such Crazy stuff with those. Is it standard tuned or one of his tenor basses?

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I see that more than one new toy arrived today!!! :)

The Buzz is looking nice too!!!

I recognize all three of the basses in the first picture....hmm...

:smug:

Oh, and the body of the bass is Mahogany.

Benjamin, I need to discuss an avatar idea with a photoshop wiz....hmmm....one that big Jammadave gave me the other day! :cool:

11. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    congrats man, thats a killer bass, my guess is the bodys mahogany. but i could be wronge. again killer bass :bassist:

12. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Stanard tuned, i got rid of all my other 4-string fretted electrics in anticipation of its arrival. I'm getting another 4 (Bongo!) as a backup and to take on extra-seedy gigs, but this is #1, replacing my former #1 Blonde Thumb.

For Furiously Funky, well, no, i'm not quite that good. I reckon I'm "decent" =0)

13. Very cool. Enjoy! :bassist:

14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

I know *EXACTLY* how that feels ;)

Your bass is sharp! I love the Holy!!! I'd always assumed Vic's bass was painted... It's amazing how white the wood is.

Congrats!

15. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    Do you have time to play between buying and selling basses? :D

Dave

16. :D Agreed :hyper:

17. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    LOL - you got me. I have been thru so many this year it's not funny. This one is the "dream bass" so it was worth some sacrificing of other basses, but all the others were just "Dave trying to build up the perfect arsenal". I thought I had it before with all the Warwicks, but then others stood up and demanded to be noticed. I do play all my basses regularly, though, so they never ever are simply "show" pieces. Hell, I played the Buzzard and the Fodera both this morning before work! (I was 20 minutes late to work, but for a good cause :D )

18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

Jammadave has single handedly paid for my next vacation to Fiji....

;)

...whoops, sorry, that was an interesting typo, I meant to type FUJI (Sushi).

:hyper:

19. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Welcome to the Fodera club. :bassist:

I really love your Monarch. They are VERY SPECIAL basses. Vinny and Joey do exceptional work.

20. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Any chance of a few clips?