Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Amoilbasso, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Last Sunday I finally received my Imperial Matt Garrison 5!!!!

I'll post pics as soon as I'll have them on my computer.

Here's a description of the bass:

Alder body
    Flamed koa top
    3 sections maple neck
    Ebony fingerboard
    24 frets
    34" scale
    Aero dual coils
    Small frets
    Extended B
    Gold Hardware

First of all, I have to say I've been very lucky with the Koa top: it's gorgeous, and it makes my bass one of the most beautifull Foderas I've ever seen.

In my opinion, it is two basses in one:
    single coil= a modernized 60's Jazz Bass
    dual coil= a very Hi-fi bass; it reminds me of Ken Smith tones, like the ones Patitucci had in the 80's.

I don't know how the guys at Foderas managed to combine such diferent caracters in one bass; I use to say: it's like having a stationwagon-cabriolet :D
    I suppose it has a lot to do with Aeros and the way they are positioned on the bass.

Of course it has the amazing neck profile and the ultra fast playability of every Fodera that you know very well.

The way it cut through the music of my group it's something I hadn't ever heared before (....and I've owned pre-gibson tobias, sadowsky, modulus, a fantastic '78 Jazz, laurus,etc);
    It plays better with the group than alone......that's amazing!

I think that Fodera basses are really "something else"......I've never been so enthusiast about a bass.

Thanks to everybody at Fodera's who worked to realize my dream-bass.
  2. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    sounds amazing, can't wait for the pics! :bassist:
  3. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    "new bass" threads without pictures should be prohibited by the rules :D
  4. Ari

I agree, without pictures a dream bass is just that, 'a dream'.

No pictures = no bass :D ;)

5. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    LOL ! i agree! it should be prohibited :D
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Sounds like a really nice bass. I can't wait to see pictures!!!!!
  7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Worst. New Bass Thread. Ever.

No pics?!?! :bawl:

;) :D
  8. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    You've retired it or you've received it? There's a difference.
  9. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Hey Nino,

Your signature line contains the following:

And then this quote:
    "....and without rules, we might as well be sitting in trees, flinging crap at each other!!!"

The "Forum Rules" contain this rule:
    The posting of non-solicited advertisments in the forums will not be tolerated.
  10. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA

that had me wondering too.

11. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm sorry for my bad english...........received, of course! :p

I hope I'll have pics for tomorrow; be patience, it worths ;)
  12. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    Fodera make some sweet basses, so your a very lucky boy :p Same as everyone else, can't wait to see the pics!

Andy :)
  13. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Sounds like a good bass. I can't wait to see it as the Garrison shape is probably my overall fave, and I love koa as well. I know what you're talking about when you speak of cutting through the mix. I played my Monarch out recently and my Dad, who has played bass and guitar for over 30 years in all sorts of places said "that is the fullest punchiest bass I have ever heard in my life." I was quite impressed with the way it I am sure you're bass is excellent. Congrats. :)
  14. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Last I checked, a PM would of been a better way to handle this since you're going way off topic on this thread. :)

Also, please quote the whole rule:
    "The posting of non-solicited advertisments in the forums will not be tolerated. Examples include starting a new thread for the purpose of advertising a product for your business, or posting an ad to a pre-existing thread that does not pertain to the thread's topic. If you submit a post about your business, be sure it is worded tastefully, on-topic, and not a generic SPAM. Moderators have absolute discretion. Please contact TalkBass to discuss legit advertising opportunities."

I did not start a thread, I did not post in this thread saying Return "Brand X" & buy my "Brand V".

I don't feel I broke any rules stated in the Rules Section & my signature has been the same for a few months without any problems from Paul or any of the moderator.

Thank you. :)
  15. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I agree, I think Nino's sig is just fine. Doesn't seem like he is "soliciting" anything, just posting some info that I am sure a lot of people would be interested in. The man knows his stuff. Too off topic in this thread?
  16. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Agree on all counts. THis is no different from Carey, Adrian G, Brian Barrett, JPJ etc having a link to their shops / basses in their signature.
  17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The bass does not exist.