My New G&L JB-2 Fretless

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by nspark, Mar 4, 2006.

1. About six months ago, I played a G&L for the first time. It was a fretless JB-2 what left me completely infatuated and gave me incredible GAS for another fretless.

Well, somehow the stars all aligned and the bass gods smiled on me as the bass's owner (a great guy and fellow TBer) sent me a message about a month ago telling me that he wasn't playing it much and was thinking of selling it. After some serious consideration, I decided to pick it up. As he's a Tampa guy, I waited until I next went home to get it. It was nearly three weeks and nearly killed me. It was more than worth it because this bass is killer.

Immediately after getting it, I restrung it with TI Jazz Rounds (which have an really tight/close outer wrap!). I played it live on Thursday night and I had one of those "bass moments." Everything just clicked - my playing, the feel, the tone - I can't explain it, but this bass just sounded phenomenal! I still can't get over how great this bass is - and so now, I present you with pictures (including a new family pic):

Thanks to John for letting me take ownership of such a killer bass.

-Nick Park

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats and all the best with it ! :bassist:
  3. Nice!!!
    Congratulations on the new addition
  4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    How about some sound clips of that fretless?
  5. louloomis

Dec 28, 2004
    To be quite honest with you, I think I should've put a condom on before looking at the picture of your bass. 'Nuff said.

That is a seriously beautiful instrument. You have excellent taste.

Enjoy it!

6. FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Stunning! You done good.
  7. vates

Nov 15, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    WOW! What a looker!!

P.S.: now you've got all "fender" basses there :)
  8. Yeah, that looks an incredible unit.
  9. Rosebud

Jan 3, 2007
    Like Fidget said...